Having a panic attacks WHILE you exercise

Did you know what you eat and drink dramatically affects how you feel? Learn how to calm yourself and feel more energetic through diet and exercise.
Snappa

Post by Snappa » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:35 am

YOU KMOW WHAT, THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME WEDNESDAY. I STARTED FEELING STRANGE AND JUMPED OFF THE TREADMILL TO GO HAVE A SET. AFTER I SAT DOWN FOR AWHILE, I STARTED AGAIN. I JUST GET NERVOUS WHENEVER I DO ANYTHING AND NOW I JUST HAVE A SEAT AND TRY TO EASE MY MIND. I WILL JUST WALK FROM NOW ON UNTIL I GET COMFORTABLE.

edvic

Post by edvic » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:55 pm

I used to workout at the gym, but since i would get panic attacks at the gym, I decided to workout at home instead. When I do workout at home sometimes, i feel the symptoms, and that scares me a little. Before I knew what i had which was a panic attack, I thought something bad was happening to me. I recently ordered the anxiety program about 2 weeks ago, and now i understand the condition, and what i have been feeling for 12 years. The program is great. How do i overcome my anxiety about working out at home or at the gym.

feelingok

Post by feelingok » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:22 am

I have these, along w/ anytime, that I do what I don't want to do (like brush teeth or rush thru things to get them done fast, so more time for me). It is weird but I took ativan 1mg tonight & feel ok, but I can't always workout on meds. I

I only use it to calm me & lately, after last few days of workouts I've needed it. Anyone know why? Its like OCD panic, induced by the exercise (hi heart rate & fears/hypochondria) that causes all this?

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:37 am

This is very interesting. I've been using exercise, easy aerobic kind to ease my anxiety symptoms due to the fear I first had when I went to the water park and was on the wave pool and got panicky when I felt the first motion of the wave pool beginning. My Psychologist had me go back and experiment again and push through the scary feeling in my gut.

It worked this time, but it was after I had been weaning off of beta blockers and taking Remeron. After the water park closed for the summer after enjoying my freedom in the wave pool and moving "lazy" river, I continued walking around my neighborhood. This helped with the anxiety somewhat and I just feel the feelings and not feel panicky.

Although, when I decided to try and take a scary water slide down, just the walking over to that part of the park and climbing all the stairs to the tube slide, I felt anxious and decided against going down that slide. I will have to try next summer after I try less threatening slides.

I will though have to start using a tread mill at the health club. So I'm hoping that I will have an okay experience vs many that you guys have had on the treadmill. Is it because you are over exerting yourself or running on the treadmill that brings on the panic attacks?

Nugget28

Post by Nugget28 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:34 am

Excercise has also been a problem for me. One time I had a panic attack while working out. Since then I'm scared to give my all and work out again. I'm still scared of the symptomes. I think that's why I avoid working out.
Couple months ago I started cycling 3 times a week. But then had a mini panic attack and since that day I have not excercised. It's been a month. I know I have to do this. Tomorrow I'm gonna become a member of the gym, so that I have to work out more.

Return to “Session 5 - Eat and Exercise to Minimize Anxiety and Depression”