Getting motivated

Did you know what you eat and drink dramatically affects how you feel? Learn how to calm yourself and feel more energetic through diet and exercise.
jillzmind

Post by jillzmind » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:24 am

This week has been the hardest for me. I have not been eating well nor have I been exercising in probably 5 years and I keep looking at the exercise bike hubby bought me and thinking "why bother,or who cares?" I am overwhelmed at the massive changes needed to lose weight and eat right again. Ugh I hate this.Any suggestions for getting motivated? Besides being tasered?
:P

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:25 am

Hi Jill,

I just saw this now when posting my salt thread.

You just have to start to get motivated.

You don't have to start in the morning, or on a Monday or tomorrow, you can do it right now.

I've started making healthy changes in the middle of the day instead of starting first thing in the morning, sometimes I have to catch myself off guard.

The only way you will start forming a habit is *doing*.

I once read a neat quote that said "start acting into a new way of thinking instead of thinking into a new way of acting"...how true.

We have to act our way into a new way of thinking!

If you want to start eating well, just do it.

If you want to start working out, do it. Get active, move, do stuff.

Throw everything toxic out of the cupboards, right now. Or set aside your own "toxic free zone" on your own shelf if your hubby isn't ready to make changes.

Go take a walk, right now. Or get on that bike, right now. Or pop in a work-out DVD, right now.

Once you start moving and getting into a routine, you'll get more motivated. Don't worry about scheduling it or thinking about the best time to "start" just start.

It is the same with the program. Just start doing it, and get through it. Don't be overly concerned about the hows and whens and whys of it, or you'll get your thinking in a circle and never take action.

Don't worry about how big and complicated a healthy lifestyle will be. Nobody did it in one day. It's one step at a time. The important thing is going in the right direction. You can make little changes along the way.

Just start now!! Go!

Return to “Session 5 - Eat and Exercise to Minimize Anxiety and Depression”