Breakfast ideas and snacks

Did you know what you eat and drink dramatically affects how you feel? Learn how to calm yourself and feel more energetic through diet and exercise.
jillzmind

Post by jillzmind » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:39 am

:)

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:06 am

Fruity Fresh Frozen Fruit Bits (taken from Richard Simmons cook book)

1 cup non fat yogurt
1 banana (small)
8 strawberries

Peel banana and cut into 8 pieces
Wash and stem strawberries
Grab your favorite non fat yogurt and
dip each piece of fruit in yogurt, then place dipped fruit on wax paper and freeze 2-3 hours before serving
Makes 4 servings 4 pieces each
Calories 83,Protien 2 g, Carbs 19, Total fat 1 g, Sdium 25mg

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:25 pm

Mexican Quiche (Richard Simmons Cookbook)

2 cups egg beaters
1 cup skim milk
1/2 cup muchrooms
1 large onion finely chopped
1 container (16oz.) fat free cottage cheese
8 oz. fat free cheddar cheese, shredded
2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1/2 cup salsa
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
In a large bowl mix all ingredients and pour into a 9x11 baking dish sprayed lightly with cooking spray. Bake for 1 hour or until eggs are firm and top is slightly brown.
Serves 8

calories per serving 121, Protien 21 g, Carbs 7g, total fat 1 g, Sodium 452mg
:)

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:00 am

Caught this cool and quick idea on Biggest Loser the other day

Wash and core an apple and place in a microwave dish , add about a 2/3cup of water, cover it,and nuke it for about 3 minutes.When done add cinnamin and enjoy your hot apple dessert.

:D
It's a quick sweet treat and it's only 60 calories!
Last edited by jillzmind on Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:34 pm

Smoothie time:)
today for dessert I made hubby and I smoothies with 2 bananas, 8 large frozen strawberries and about 8 slices of frozen peach and about 1 1/2 cup of 1 % milk. It came out so yummy and hit the spot.
It also helped me get my fruits in for the day.

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:12 am

I tried the smoothie on Thursday (cut in 1/2 for just me) for breakfast & have had one every morning for the past 3 days because I like it so much! Thanks for the idea... it's such an easier way to get in fruits and dairy/calcium. I even added a scoop of protein today for an extra "uhmp". :p

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:03 pm

I have Raisin Bran Extra with skim milk, Shredded Wheat with skim milk or a Whole Grain Pop-Tart. The Pop-Tarts made with whole grain have fiber and less sugar than regular Pop-Tarts. Sometimes I'll have a slice of wheat bread (toasted) with peanut butter.

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:45 pm

I've tried a lot of different breakfast schemes over the years - I don't like eating breakfast. For many years, I drank a can of regular Coke for breakfast... Heh. In my defense, that was the only caffeine I drank those days. ;)

Now I keep trying different "interesting" cereals but I keep falling back on plain old Cheerios. I feel best when I have Cheerios for breakfast. And coffee... I cut back to 1 big mug made with 1/2 caffeine and 1/2 not caffeine... Cutting back more than that's gonna hurt, I think. :(

Return to “Session 5 - Eat and Exercise to Minimize Anxiety and Depression”