good days supplement

Did you know what you eat and drink dramatically affects how you feel? Learn how to calm yourself and feel more energetic through diet and exercise.
sonic

Post by sonic » Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:40 pm

I haven't been here in a long time so maybe I have missed something on vitamins. Some time ago somebody from StressCenter.com called and offered me a sample vitamins, "good days."
I would like to know if any of you have tried these and what do you think. I have fear of medicine including vitamins. Many times before I had bad reaction to the medicine and some vitamins, iron, B12 ...I get terrible anxiety so from them. I am weary fearful to take anything new. Thank you for any comment on this.

steven2

Post by steven2 » Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:53 pm

I ordered the program in Nov.(I think), and I got the "Good Days" also. It was a 1 month supply for free with a discount on monthly delivered replenishes. I tried them, but I got pretty anxious. I wash feeling fine and went to bed. I woke up several times feeling like if I was on speed. I don't normally have a problem with taking pills so I guess it was the pills that gave me some kind of 'energy rush.' I thought maybe that happened because I was expecting something to happen so I tried them again several weeks later. Same thing. They probably are good for us but for me, I get this kind of energy rush, or like a strong caffeine buzz off them. Its not an adrenalin rush, it feels different. Then again, it could all just be in my head, but I don't think this one is.

Diane B

Post by Diane B » Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:31 am

Your energery rushes could be caused by the timing in which you are taking your vitamins. If you normally take them at night, switch to taking them in the morning or visa-versa. I personally did not feel any more engergetic or 'well' when I took the Good Days so I stopped. Right now I'm trying Costco multivitamins and Costco's B-50 Stress Formula...lots of B's which is supposedly what we need for our nervous system. I have to say, I've been more tired lately, even with taking the vitamins, but I am sleeping better at night. ??? Hope this can help someone.

sonic

Post by sonic » Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:22 pm

Steven, I don't think it's in your head. That is exactly what is happening to me with iron. Sometimes is weary bad, like I cant breath and it turns into panic. Same happened with vitamin B and D. Just like you sad, like If I had a cup of coffee. I am glad that I am not the only one.

amethyst98.

Post by amethyst98. » Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:40 pm

Hi all,
Actually, it is a myth that vitamins will provide you with energy. Unless you have a specific vitamin deficiency, which is relatively uncommon in the United States, taking vitamins will not affect your energy level. Vitamins do not have any calories and are needed in small amounts, hence why they are called micronutrients. While they play an important role in our bodies, taking in more than our body needs will not give us more energy, and again most people consume adequate nutrients.

Here is some other info from Colorado State Universit y Cooperative Extensions:

"Myth: People need vitamin and mineral supplements to ensure good nutrition.

Fact: Supplements are not needed if a variety of foods are eaten. Taking in more nutrients than the body needs does not give added energy, more brain power or greater protection against disease.

Myth: People under emotional stress need "stress" vitamins.

Fact:Emotional stress does not increase nutrient needs. In fact, some companies have been required to stop advertising their products as stress vitamins. Unfortunately, other companies continue to make these false claims. Physiological stress, such as burns, trauma and surgery, do increase nutrient needs, and a supplement may be prescribed." ( <A HREF="http://www.ext.colostate.edu/pubs/foodnut/09338.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.ext.colostate.edu/pubs/foodnut/09338.html</A> )

The link above provides a good over view and is pretty interesting.
:)

PeaceofCrhist

Post by PeaceofCrhist » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:17 pm

Where can I get information on the Good Days Vitamins. I am kinda intrested in ordering them. Do they contain the same amount of ingredients that the Axiety books suggests? Does anyone know where I can a list of the nutrients and the levels it contains thanks. Mike

Diggy

Post by Diggy » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:30 am

Bruk

Post by Bruk » Fri May 23, 2008 2:32 am

Hello All, I just was reading your messages. And I wanted to say you are all not alone, these vitamins, made me feel high, jittery, and even sick to my stomach for days after I stopped taking them. It is not something I recommend. My husband WAS also taking them an they made him the same way, except added that he could not sleep at night (when taking them in the morning after breakfast) I have quit taking them now. I cancelled my order, an then still received shipments, just a word to the wise they do not cancel your order on that voicemail system they have, they will bill you one more month before they stop! Now I have a 6 months supply of vitamins between my husband an I that we can do absolutely nothing with, because neither of us want to feel that way ever again!

mutaciq

Post by mutaciq » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:19 pm

You can check here, there is some good products - <A HREF="http://www.medicamol.com/=" TARGET=_blank>click</A>

AlanJP56

Post by AlanJP56 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:03 pm

I am not familiar with Good Days supplements, but I would like to respond to some of the comments on this blog.

B vitamins tend to give you energy, so you take them in the morning, when you'll be needing that energy. If you take them at night you'll be energetic when you're trying to sleep.

Iron supplements are a bit rough on the system. Completely avoid ferrous sulfate, since it can have gastrointestinal and other side effects. Ferrous fumarate is a bit easier on you. Always be taken with vitamin C, to help it be absorbed properly*.

Many people say that we get all of the nutrition we need from a balanced diet. This isn't supported by the scientific literature. There are many studies that show that people who take a multiple vitamin live healthier, longer lives. There are over 100,000 studies that show that nutrient supplements prevent or reverse many forms of disease. Medications, on the other hand, each have very few studies supporting their use, and those are generally conducted by the manufacturers themselves. There are many sites on the internet to and books available to learn more about the science available and the uses for dietary supplements. While there are periodically studies that make news because one study will claim to disprove what thousands of studies have previously proven, those individual studies are generally designed for negative publicity rather than for good science. There will always be people discrediting their competitors. Go with the overwhelming majority of the science, rather than the latest newsflash, unless there is a rash of people dying from some imported, genetically engineered form of an otherwise harmless supplement, as was the case with tryptophan. Unfortunately, instead of simply removing the offending brand, the nutrient, which is found in practically every food, was banned in supplemental form.

If you react to a particular supplement, do some online research to find out if there are any side effects associated with the form of the supplement you are taking, and what other forms may be available. Check to see if they have the same potential side effects. You may need to take individual supplements, instead of a multi vitamin and mineral, in order to get the formulation of a supplement that is best for you.

* Hallberg L, Brune M, Rossander L.: Int J Vitam Nutr Res Suppl. 1989;30:103-8

Return to “Session 5 - Eat and Exercise to Minimize Anxiety and Depression”