Sugar Addiction

Did you know what you eat and drink dramatically affects how you feel? Learn how to calm yourself and feel more energetic through diet and exercise.
Shifrah

Post by Shifrah » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:16 pm

Can anybody relate?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...ture=player_embedded

I don't think I was this bad, but in my teenage years I was pretty bad. I still have my moments, but nothing nearly like this.
Shif.

If you don't like something change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it.

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:23 pm

THIS IS SO TRUE!!!!!! IT IS A DRUG! CRAZY CRAZY DRUG!

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:53 pm

Hi Everyone:

I haven't eaten anything sweet in just about a month now.
Just wanted to say that it can be done.
I havn't missed it too much.

Yes, I can definitely relate.
For me sugar substances are very addictive.

As are breads. It's true.
MJ

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:48 am

MJ good for you! That is wonderful. :)

I make huge efforts to replace refined sugar and complex carbs with fruit. If I eat enough fruit I'm pretty good with it.

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:40 am

awesome vid... little boy made me cry!

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:14 am

Thanks ME - I know, me too! Poor kid.

I think too, with the seasonal flues and all the sinus and other kinds of infections going on, it's a good idea to release our refined sugar consumption way down. Refined sugar is really bad for our immune systems. Have fruit instead of something sweet, I know easier said than done, it has to be a really yummy fruit, like a juicy pineapple or a crisp seasonal apple.

Here is an awesome recipe for my "Ruby Jewel" which I love to make this time of year, as pomegranates are in season!

2 Ruby Red Grapefruits, freshly squeezed
1 Pomegranate

Remove the arils from the pomegranate.

You can do this by cutting off the top and bottom and then slicing away sections and putting them in a bowl of water and gently pulling them away from the rind.

Then remove any membrane/rind that rises to the top and just strain out the water - you'll be left with a beautiful bowl of glistening pomegranate arils!

Place the arils (save a few for snacking on, they are so delicious) and the fresh squeezed grapefruit juice in a blender and blend well, then strain out the seeds through a strainer.

You are left with the tastiest, sweet-tart juice - a Ruby Jewel!

Warning - don't wear white!

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:49 pm

Sugar is a "super drug"!!

Once I cut WAY down on sugar, I started feeling a lot better and calmer. :eek:

Return to “Session 5 - Eat and Exercise to Minimize Anxiety and Depression”