Hot Beverages and Christmas Cookies

Did you know what you eat and drink dramatically affects how you feel? Learn how to calm yourself and feel more energetic through diet and exercise.
Sara_2019

Hot Beverages and Christmas Cookies

Post by Sara_2019 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:01 am

Giving up coffee and caffeine during this time of year is a challenge! I'm cold when I get out of bed and want something hot. I was hoping to substitute coffee with tea, but I prefer the taste of black tea, which still has caffeine. I think even green tea has caffeine. The only tea that I can find that claims to be caffeine-free is chamomile. I definitely cannot handle hot chocolate or apple cider lately because of the sugar content. It is hard enough trying to stay away from those ginger snaps... and I still want to bake actual ginger bread cookies, on top of having around those yummy looking holiday cookies that I bought from the church bake sale - which I have thus far avoided to save for guests. The in-laws are arriving today. (yikes!)

Let me know if anyone has any suggestions for good-tasting hot beverages that do not have caffeine or lots of sugar.

coachchris

Re: Hot Beverages and Christmas Cookies

Post by coachchris » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:58 pm

Thanks for the great post. Boy, it sure is hard to stay away from the goodies. I hope you did well! I tried to limit the sweets myself and I love hot tea. I love Red Roobios Tea. It is fantastic and naturally decaff free. White tea is good as well as all of the herbal teas that are out there. I also like a slice of lemon or orange steeped in hot water. You can add some sliced ginger or a cinnamon stick too. Stay warm and Happy New Year!

Warmly :lol: Coach Chris

Return to “Session 5 - Eat and Exercise to Minimize Anxiety and Depression”