SO tired without caffeine

Did you know what you eat and drink dramatically affects how you feel? Learn how to calm yourself and feel more energetic through diet and exercise.
missgsr

SO tired without caffeine

Post by missgsr » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:40 pm

Once upon a time I drank 4-shot lattes every morning. I have now been off ALL caffeine for about 2.5 months and find it so hard to get through every day. I have absolutely no energy or motivation to do anything (although I acknowledge that this could also be part of my depression). Has anyone else had this problem when quitting caffeine? If so, how did you perk yourself up?

coachchris

Re: SO tired without caffeine

Post by coachchris » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:22 pm

Hi Miss,

First, congratulations coming off of the caffeine. That is quite an accomplishment :D
Second, I would make sure your selftalk around your"energy level" is positive. A lot of us wake up very negative; repeating how tired we are and how long the day is going to be and how we're always going to feel this...you get the picture.
Third, try to get a brisk walk in outside to wake up your senses. Splash some water on your face and start the day quickly. Green tea can be a nice alternative to coffee if you're needing a little spark and you're adrenaline/anxiety levels are under control.

I hope this helps:) Remember, slow and steady wins the race.
Coach Chris :)

Return to “Session 5 - Eat and Exercise to Minimize Anxiety and Depression”