Coaching Comments Lesson 5

Did you know what you eat and drink dramatically affects how you feel? Learn how to calm yourself and feel more energetic through diet and exercise.
coachchris

Coaching Comments Lesson 5

Post by coachchris » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:55 am

Blueberries boost serotonin according to recent research! Buy organic and enjoy them in smoothies, salads, on your favorite granola or maybe even dunked in dark chocolate. (may fav)

"A press release issued by the American Physiological Society shares the following:

Up to 8 percent of people in the U.S. suffer from post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) as the result of witnessing or being the victim of a traumatic event.

People with PTSD have been in a situation in which they were at risk of death, serious injury or sexual violence or have seen first-hand loved ones faces such threats. They may experience flashbacks, emotional detachment and jumpiness, among other symptoms that affect their ability to function in everyday life.

Currently, the only approved therapy for PTSD is selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), such as Zoloft and Paxil, but their effectiveness is marginal. Now researchers at Louisiana State University have found that a readily available superfood—the blueberry—could be an effective treatment."

You can read the whole article here:
http://www.everywomanover29.com/blog/bl ... d-anxiety/

time4me

Re: Coaching Comments Lesson 5

Post by time4me » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:09 am

Thank you for the article. Looking for better foods to eat.

WebAdmin
Site Admin

Re: Coaching Comments Lesson 5

Post by WebAdmin » Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:01 pm

We are all looking for easy, healthy recipes and snacks.

Here's another quick read and food list that I really like.
Full disclosure: this is my daughter and she is a certified health coach and personal trainer.
https://livingempowered.squarespace.com/readme/

I also follow 'Greatist' on my social media and 'LifeHack' which are just two good simple sites.
Dr. Caroline Leaf's new book: Think and Eat Yourself Smart. also is amazing.

Always remember lots of good clean water, exercise and relaxation are a must to help the body heal. Stay away from simple carbs and eat lots of healthy fats:)

Coach Chris
coachchris@stresscenter.com

Return to “Session 5 - Eat and Exercise to Minimize Anxiety and Depression”