Anyone else on Week 5?

Did you know what you eat and drink dramatically affects how you feel? Learn how to calm yourself and feel more energetic through diet and exercise.
S3anne

Anyone else on Week 5?

Post by S3anne » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:40 am

I've just started Week 5. Is there anyone else currently on it, or who needs to adjust their diet & include exercise, or cut-out caffeine? How are you doing? How did you start? I've struggled with fattening, sugary-salty food cravings (and being 20 lbs. overweight) for about 3 years, and I am ready to make these positive changes. I would like to hear from anyone else ready to take this week to heart.

munchkin51

Re: Anyone else on Week 5?

Post by munchkin51 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:00 pm

Dear s3anne:
I just started chap.5. four days ago. I started cutting out the sugar and caffeine. I am doing ok. I have gone cold turkey. I had a bad day today so I had a 20z Coke. About 20 min. latter I got real shakey. I feel like crap. I'm having the hardest time with exercise. I have only walked once this week so far, I am going to do my best to walk tomorrow. I know from the past that when I walk, I do feel better. I just need to get off my lazy butt. Good luck with the changes.

Love and Peace,
Joni

S3anne

Post by S3anne » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:47 am

Hi! Sorry to hear about your bad day. Was it just caffeine/sugar withdrawals? Right now, I only drink 2 cups of coffee in the morning, but I have switched to "half-caffeine" coffee and plain creamer (instead of the sugary flavored kind) & I think about making the switch to decaf, but I'm putting it off... I know what you mean about exercise. I like the idea of it & know that when I do it I feel good & much more confident - but I put that off too! Are you going to try cutting the caffeine & sugars again? How about gradually? Do you walk outside or on a treadmill? How are you doing now?

munchkin51

Post by munchkin51 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:19 pm

s3anne:
I'm doing a lot better thanks to you. After I read your post about 30 mim. ago I I went for a 20 min. walk. About a year ago I gave up all sugar and caffeine and started eating a lot better. I was just craving something sweet so I got the coke. Not a smart choose. I will lesson to the tape tonight for the third time. It takes time for thing to sink in for me. It is good to find someone that is were I am in the program. I think it is good that you are doing half and half with your coffee. I never thought of that. I hope things are going well for you. Hope to hear from you soon.

Love and Peace;
Joni

S3anne

Post by S3anne » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:42 pm

Good for you! Congratulations on the walk! I know how hard that can be to DO something - especially when it's good for you. I think I spend more energy talking myself in to/out of things than on anything else (too bad that doesn't count as exercise)! ;)
Are you following a specific diet plan, or just sticking to the healthier foods?

munchkin51

Post by munchkin51 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:48 pm

Dear s3anne:
What I am trying to do is just eat healthy foods. I have given up all prosess foods. Like mac and cheese, hamburger helper, that kind of stuff. I am also trying to make things by using my crock pot. I'm trying not to just open a box and thow it on the stove. I am also watching how much I eat. I have lost43 pounds in ten months. How are you doing with this chapter? I hope things are going well with you.

Love and peace,
Joni

Return to “Session 5 - Eat and Exercise to Minimize Anxiety and Depression”