A for Effort

Did you know what you eat and drink dramatically affects how you feel? Learn how to calm yourself and feel more energetic through diet and exercise.
feelingbetter01

A for Effort

Post by feelingbetter01 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:34 pm

Wow. This is a tough one. It takes everything I have to get on that treadmill. My allergies are acting up and the sun's too hot or the wind is chilly or I woke up tired and I want my coffee or the bed's so warm and I don't want to see anybody... There seems to be a million reasons not to workout, but none of them have to do with working out! The physical and mental benefits are what's important.

With this session, I can see how my anxiety/depression is distracting me from my goals. In turn, the energy and even elation from just breaking a sweat is a great distraction for my anxious thoughts and depressed feelings. Wish me luck on this one, though, cause motivation to move your butt is always a force to be reckoned with!
Last edited by feelingbetter01 on Wed May 08, 2013 1:02 pm, edited 6 times in total.

findpeace

Re: E is for Exercise

Post by findpeace » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:46 pm

Stay the course. In addition to helping yourr anxiety, you will also be in better physical shape.

Return to “Session 5 - Eat and Exercise to Minimize Anxiety and Depression”