Getting healthy :)

Did you know what you eat and drink dramatically affects how you feel? Learn how to calm yourself and feel more energetic through diet and exercise.
MirandaLey

Getting healthy :)

Post by MirandaLey » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:03 am

Hi everyone,

I just started Session 5 yesterday and I'm pretty excited. Since beginning this program I've noticed some big changes in myself. I'm learning to let the little things (and even the big things I know I can't control) go, and not overthinking and overanalzying things. I'm setting realistic goals and expectations and not letting what other people think bother me. I'm standing up for myself and being more assertive and attempting hard every day to turn my negative thoughts into positive ones.

I'm tremendously excited to be starting on a new exercise program, and also to start eating better. For anyone who is willing, please share what worked for you with exercising and eating better.

My goal is to exercise for 30 minutes a day. I think I will alternate what kind of workout I do on different days. Day 1 might be a pilates day, day 2 a zumba dance day, day 3 a yoga day, day 4 I go for a long, brisk walk, etc.

As far as eating goes, due to gallstone problems I've cut almost all animal fat out of my diet and become vegetarian, but I am a horrible sweet-tooth and it's going to be hard for me to give up sugar, but I'm going to go clean for the remainder of the program and see where that takes me! Of course it's going to be pretty hard during the holidays but I need to stand firm -- especially since we'll be travelling around during those days and that's exactly when I need to watch what I eat!!

Return to “Session 5 - Eat and Exercise to Minimize Anxiety and Depression”