I don't take pills and feel bad about vitimans.

Did you know what you eat and drink dramatically affects how you feel? Learn how to calm yourself and feel more energetic through diet and exercise.
BethDyess

Post by BethDyess » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:25 pm

If pills and medications cause trouble. How do I know what is in vitimans? Can't I just eat the proper diet and get the same effects?

rose_thorn98

Post by rose_thorn98 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:09 am

yes if you eat right.
~The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Martin Luther King, Jr~

Shifrah

Post by Shifrah » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:23 am

Oh yes, supplements are second hand nutrients and the body rarely uses them. It usually just gets dumped out in the toilet in bright colors! Seriously.

Many supplement producers want us to think that everybody has to take supplements because the minerals have been depleted from the soil and thus plant foods don't have as many nutrients as they once did. The problem with this is that supplements are getting their nutrients from the *same source*. Also plants wouldn't fruit and flower without the exact amount of nutrients in the soil needed to do so.

So, go for organic as much as possible (I mean organic produce, not "organic cheese puffs" LOL). The nutrients are going to be the highest quality available through organic produce.

Also don't worry about needing a certain amount of a nutrient. They are available in perfect amounts, and you won't "overload" on a nutrient from food as likely as you would "overdose" on a nutrient in a pill.

If they are going to save your life, some prescription medications may be necessary, but of course they have a lot of side effects. You have to weigh the odds. I constantly go back and forth with this, between prescriptions and supplements, because I do feel so strongly about everything that I put into my body. I'm not 100% against using a supplement for anything, I just don't think it's necessary to take vitamins and nutrients through a pill daily that is readily available in whole foods in perfect amounts.

This generation does not enough trust in the human body. Our bodies were created to heal and make nutrients out of whole foods.

I don't think when God was creating our bodies he was thinking "oh, well, in the 21st century humans will start taking supplements so I won't make the human 100%, I'll just make him 85% while I make the rest of the animal kingdom perfect and able to thrive on their own species-specific diet" ... it would really make me wonder how humans survived as long as they did without supplements and meds.
Shif.

If you don't like something change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it.

BethDyess

Post by BethDyess » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:18 pm

You know that is so true. God didn't start making us 85% like you said. Very good way to get the point out..

You made this so easy to understand..

Return to “Session 5 - Eat and Exercise to Minimize Anxiety and Depression”