Feeling worse than ever!

Did you know what you eat and drink dramatically affects how you feel? Learn how to calm yourself and feel more energetic through diet and exercise.
ninadancer

Feeling worse than ever!

Post by ninadancer » Sat May 12, 2012 6:10 pm

I have been getting more frequent panic attacks since starting the program! Has anyone else experienced this or have any idea why this may be happening? It makes me feel like quitting the program all together :cry:

gdoct

Re: Feeling worse than ever!

Post by gdoct » Thu May 24, 2012 4:43 pm

Hi ninadancer!

I have had similar stuff, but here is why it is happening and don't give up! You are confronting things face to face and it is an ugly monster!,,,,,,,,,BUT, the only way to get better is to realize that you are greater and can combat and beat the monster into the ground! Some therapists will actually have people in their office and get the person into real panick attacks or horrilbe anxiety over and over again until they realize that they are not going to die, and that they can do things to help themselves through it, which "downsizes the monster"!

ninadancer

Post by ninadancer » Wed May 30, 2012 9:59 pm

gdoct wrote:Hi ninadancer!

I have had similar stuff, but here is why it is happening and don't give up! You are confronting things face to face and it is an ugly monster!,,,,,,,,,BUT, the only way to get better is to realize that you are greater and can combat and beat the monster into the ground! Some therapists will actually have people in their office and get the person into real panick attacks or horrilbe anxiety over and over again until they realize that they are not going to die, and that they can do things to help themselves through it, which "downsizes the monster"!

You are right about it being a "monster"!! Somedays (most days lately) it seems stronger then me :( I still have a lot to work on and have decided to start seeing a therapist. I know what I need to do, I just cant seem to figure out how to do it. Hopefully therapy will help me figure that out. Thanks for the supportive words!!! Nina

MirandaLey

Post by MirandaLey » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:02 pm

Keep going Nina! I know it's hard but the panic attacks will taper off. It's just that you're not sweeping it under the rug anymore. You're facing your fears and that's huge. I think going to see a therapist as well is the best thing you can do. Be proud of yourself for realising that! You don't need to do this on your own! Your therapist will help you work through this and get the maximum benefit out of the program as possible.

I too see a therapist, about once a month!

lesley123

Post by lesley123 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:02 pm

hi nadancer , me too is having the same problem right now..i know how you feel ..i do see a threaphist too n on meds but still having aniexty and agrophboia..it sucks , im glad im not the only feeling like this ...im on session 5 ...and i jsut try n keep going along even though i somewhat starting again to go round block small steps hope i get back to what i was but better...we are strong ! cause we are facing it not hiding away...be proud of yourself...but we need to keep going with the progam too...

Return to “Session 5 - Eat and Exercise to Minimize Anxiety and Depression”