session 5: retry

Did you know what you eat and drink dramatically affects how you feel? Learn how to calm yourself and feel more energetic through diet and exercise.
stevenb33

session 5: retry

Post by stevenb33 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:03 am

this is how far i got in the program on my last attempt. i felt things were going better and just lazily and unknowingly i stopped doing the work and the program all together. slowly but surely i started to think negativley again and sometimes even feed into it. although i didnt get myself as worked up as i used to i notcied all these familiar unwanted feelings comming back so i started the program from scratch all over again. i have been feeling better and im at session 5 now. here we go again, session 5 seems like a managable step because i enojoy physical activity and movement. it also does really improve your mood and rid u of those tohughts that people tend to think that bring themselves down. i have to say though the program is a little bit harder to get through now becuase i just recently am comming out of an 8 year relationship with someone who i also have a child with. this is kind of tough because i still think of this person alot but i know doing this program can help better me and focus on the things i need to do for myself, its just difficult sometimes. anyway im sure this is for the best as we were very volitiale. i kind of just dont want to be thinking about her and if she is having "a better life than me." i know that doesnt matter and what she does now has no effect on my life its just hard not to think that way sometimes. well sorry for ranting but hopefully i find comfort in this program and the completion of the program and when its all said and done hopefully i will be less hard on myself and more loving of myself than ever before and feeling like i need certain people to effect my moods and thoughts or that thinking someone else may be having a better life than me will be a thing of the past.

Iwillbebetter

Re: session 5: retry

Post by Iwillbebetter » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:17 am

Well here you are again, but this time you will make it all the way!! :) I"m starting session 5 today also. After about a week of putting it off. Although it may be a little harder, sounds like you have all the more reason now also!! :) You can do it!!! :)
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."

NeverQuit

Post by NeverQuit » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:24 pm

Hey Steven!
I can relate to a lot of what you said, especially about comparing ourselves to others. I was in a relationship for only a year and a half, but I have gone through the process, and I guess am still going through it, of moving on and realizing that MY life is what matters, NOT what he is doing, or what my friends are doing. I have special gifts and abilities, and I am TIRED of wasting them worrying about others or what I think I need, I am going to go out and embrace life and do the things that are hard. I will be praying for you! You will feel better, and exercise is a GREAT place to start!!

stevenb33

Post by stevenb33 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:56 am

thanks for the responses, i know getting out there and being more confident will be tough but ive done it before and i know i can do it again. its time we focus on ourselves because we spent enough time worrying out what others might be doing or what they think of us. who really cares, only we do and thats something that needs to be a thing of the past. anyway thaks for the responses and i will take you guys advice because what we do with oursleves and what we think of ourselves is the only thing that matters, its just living by that and enfocing it that is a tough habit to try to get into.

Iwillbebetter

Post by Iwillbebetter » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:17 pm

Hope all is going well for you
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."

Return to “Session 5 - Eat and Exercise to Minimize Anxiety and Depression”