Chinese Food Flip Out

Did you know what you eat and drink dramatically affects how you feel? Learn how to calm yourself and feel more energetic through diet and exercise.
tricia

Post by tricia » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:45 am

Hey Everyone

I just had a major panic attack. I believe it's from the greasy chinese food that I ate 3 days ago. The same thing happened
to me 2 weeks ago when I had the same greasy chinese food. That time, it took 3 days to make me flip out as well. It's so
wierd because I haven't had panic attacks since last year. Then again, I haven't eaten chinese food from this restaurant
since last year too. I've been on a diet for about a month now. I've been eating really bland healthy foods. Lots of
steamed vegetables and grilled chicken. I wanted a little treat, so I thought that the chinese food would really hit the
spot. Boy, was I wrong. My body totally rejected it. I think there is a strong correlation between food and anxiety. I
think the healthier I eat, the better my mind and body feels. The chinese food proved that.

Trish
"Bloom where you're planted." Joyce Meyers

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:49 am

Trish~
you should read the Monosodium glutamate post, that is probably why you reacted so harshly to the chinese food, especially if you have been eating healthy and then ate the chinese food that im sure was laiden with chemicals additives and sugars, whammo what a shock to your system! but dont let this through you off track, I am a huge believer in good quality nutrition to heal the body of many things, including anxiety and depression, along with CBT of course! keep on eating healthy ! best wishes!
Michelle

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:50 pm

Thanks for your reply. I'm back to healthy eating again. Lesson learned the hard way.

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:24 pm

It could also be the soy sauce which is a natural form of glutamate during the process, or salt in general or some of the spices.

Yes, if you have been eating bland foods I'll bet that sent you on your way!

Good for you, back to your healthy eating!

Return to “Session 5 - Eat and Exercise to Minimize Anxiety and Depression”