think i finely got it i hope

Did you know what you eat and drink dramatically affects how you feel? Learn how to calm yourself and feel more energetic through diet and exercise.
goingtobefine

think i finely got it i hope

Post by goingtobefine » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:17 pm

i may have gotton something in this thick head of mine. I belive that i have been given myself panic attacks.
yes i do give them to myself by alowing my mind to go places of thoughts that i know are not real, but today i think
i found out why. to at least some of them. I think it is my way of not dealing with what is relly the issues at hand.
so if i replace it with unreal thoughts then i wont have to deal with the real issue. because i dont know about you
but i am haveing a hard time looking at my self and trying to work on the real problem. i need to work on self love. and unconditonal love and not looking for ppl to be something im not willing to be at least not yet but im working on it .

finallyhere

Re: think i finely got it i hope

Post by finallyhere » Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:03 am

I hear you about the negative thoughts. I know a lot of my problems are caused by me, but there have been some real situations where I was told one thing and then found out it was an outright lie. That's very hurtful and does a lot to destroy my confidence. I am still working on analysing the negative thoughts and questioning their validity. A lot of the negative thought patterns were just that, a bad habit. I am starting to be able to catch myself. I noticed that my negative thoughts begin the minute I would wake up in the morning. I knew I had them but I wasn't catching myself with the negative thinking during the day when I am busy. So morning is when I really have to work to turn my thinking around. There is a lot of pain in the world and I always think mine is so bad, but I need to realize that I have made my issues seem too important in relation to all the other problems in the world and all the stuff other people have to deal with. Someone suggested I listen to Byron Katie, not sure which is her first or last name. Very good speaker. You might find listening to her to be helpful. Good luck.

Return to “Session 5 - Eat and Exercise to Minimize Anxiety and Depression”