More confused than ever...

Did you know what you eat and drink dramatically affects how you feel? Learn how to calm yourself and feel more energetic through diet and exercise.
shanleigh121

More confused than ever...

Post by shanleigh121 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:25 pm

Im trying to follow instructions according to the workbook , but as I read the dos and donts of what i am supposed to eat, I have to deal with confusion on top of anxiety... according to the food guide, We are supposed to not have more than 300 mg of cholesterol a day, as one egg yolk has 250mg, and then you can refer to the sample "good menu plan" and "sue " ate two egg omlette...doesnt say it was egg whites only. Then she ate bran muffin, when it was said that the prepared bran in muffins and cereals was high in sugar. She also had french fried potatoes , and a sprite! it may not be caffiene, but 10 teaspoons of sugar per glass is whats in that! In "greg"s sample menu, He has orange juice which if you refer to the list of foods that give you your minerals and vitamins, its one of the things you can have....BUT at the end of Gregs menu, she writes that orange juice is high in sugar and should eat fruit instead! I want to do what I can to feel better, and I know alot about nutrition already, but she needs to be more clear on what we can and cannot do! I understand the coffee,and pure sugar items like candy and chocolate. So far that im doing good at...yay me! I guess im gonna have to resort to the Clean EAting program instead of hers...its more cut and dry!

garyhermesch52

Re: More confused than ever...

Post by garyhermesch52 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:38 pm

I just thought I'd comment that when I read your post, it seemed like you might be over-analyzing the eating thing.
I try to just eat things that are as basic and simple and unprocessed as I can find. For instance you can get very low sodium
tuna at Walmart. Maybe lowfat or unsalted crackers or something. Shredded wheat doesn't have anything in it but the wheat.
Raw vegetables or fruit - who can argue with that? Water or something close to it to drink. Thats what I do anyway.

lulu42983

Re: More confused than ever...

Post by lulu42983 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:45 pm

I too was very confused and JUST mentioned that to my husband about an hour ago! I'm with you and hope we can find something that works for us!

Return to “Session 5 - Eat and Exercise to Minimize Anxiety and Depression”