Exercise = emotional release

Did you know what you eat and drink dramatically affects how you feel? Learn how to calm yourself and feel more energetic through diet and exercise.
CourageousKris

Exercise = emotional release

Post by CourageousKris » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:57 pm

Hey everyone....Exercise is a hard one for me. I had my first major panic attack while at the gym (12 yrs ago), so I have a distinct fear of exercizing. I eat really well and take my supplements/vitamins and have done some exercizing over the years but nothing consistent. After listening to the Sesssion 5 CD I was motivated to just start slowly and work my way back into it. I went on a walk yesterday in the woods, with my dog, Mom & Sister. I was already having to work my steps before we went 100 ft. I kept up with the positive talk, etc. I was doing okay, not pushing myself too hard and trying to enjoy the scenery.
Funny thing happened. Three different times during the walk I just burst into sobs...crying so hard I had to stop and bend over and support myself on my thighs. Gut wrenching sobs. It would just come in a wave and them subside. I know it was just an emotional release, brought on my the exercise but still pretty embarassing. I didn't try to stop it, just let it happen.
Anyone else ever have this happen to them? Glad I was in the woods and not in a gym. LOL
Thanks for letting me talk about it.

suggy

Re: Exercise = emotional release

Post by suggy » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:51 pm

Last edited by suggy on Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ElectrifiedBrain

Post by ElectrifiedBrain » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:11 pm

Well, I don't have this problem, but I must congratulate you both on the exercise-induced emotional release. I understand that it's a little embarrassing and a little painful, but it's still progress, I think. Keep up with the good work, and eventually you'll get it all out and won't be crying when you exercise.
"It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare; it is because we do not dare that things are difficult." - Unknown

CourageousKris

Post by CourageousKris » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:34 pm

Suggy,

Thanks for letting me know I'm not alone. :) I've been slaking off a little on the everyday exercise and need to find what will REALLY motivate me. I'm trying to work past the fear and push ahead but it is so hard. ARGH! Thanks for the offer of e-mailing. I'm sure I'll be taking you up on that sometime soon.

Blessings....Kris

Return to “Session 5 - Eat and Exercise to Minimize Anxiety and Depression”