Need help getting over an upset.

Did you know what you eat and drink dramatically affects how you feel? Learn how to calm yourself and feel more energetic through diet and exercise.
CourageousKris

Need help getting over an upset.

Post by CourageousKris » Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:00 pm

Not posting this to complain, but to get help in ways to get over this anger and upset. I received the "free" 30-day supply of the vitamin/supplement pack with my order of the the program program. My interpritation of the letter that came with the supply was that I had 90 days to cancel the automatic renewal. Unfortunately, time got away from me and after week 3 of the program I received an e-mail stating that my order had shipped. WHAT??? I called the customer service line and they said it was the new supply of vit/supplement packets. I told her I didn't want them and she said that I was not allowed to send them back because they are a "food item". So...even if I refused the delivery, I would be charged anyway. I asked her the amount I was getting charged and she said $33.90. I wasn't happy about the situation, but thought "okay...$34....that what it cost you for not being on top of the situation". Then, I got the package in the mail and the invoice inside said I would be billed over $100!!!! I feel totally scammed and not happy at all that they give no warning that they're going to send this and to ask if you still want it. Plus, I feel lied to when I asked about the cost. The fact is that I am already on a great vitamin/supplement program and have been for over a year. I see a nutritional therapist and a naturopahy physician and get all my supplies at a very reduced cost. So, I don't need what the center is sellling.
I'm trying not to let this incident cloud my feeling about the the program program. It's hard for me to trust the company if they're willing to do this sort of thing to people who are already dealing with so much. Part of me is upset that I didn't do more to push the issue and get a refund, since I supposed to be standing up for myself and having more self esteem and confidence. Normally I would just "take it in the shorts" and not say a word, but this really has my blood boiling. HELP!!
Any suggestions are appreciated.

-Kris

CarolM

Re: Need help getting over an upset.

Post by CarolM » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:59 pm

I can understand why your upset, that is just the type of thing to make me mad :evil: . I don't really have any good advice accept if nothing else call and see why they first said $34, now $100. I have wasted a lot of money over the years on things like that especially with auto renewals so your defiantly not a lone there. I can understand how this could you sour you on the company/ program. But even though it happened remember this program is for you and you paid good money for it so in YOUR best interest keep "working" the program cause all the matters is your well being. I got into it on the phone a few months ago with customer service... but the anger dissipated. I think it's ok to tell them if you feel your being treated unfairly, that doesn't mean you don't like the program and you can tell them that. It hard with anything a program a doctor anyone or company you trust letting you down, we like to think that they always have our best interest but reality it's just not always so. Also try if you feel comfortable with talking to your nutritionist maybe you can work them in to your supplements until they are used up. Anyway don't let this stand in your way of you getting better. :)

nevertoolate

Post by nevertoolate » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:05 pm

I would just call them and tell them exactly what you said here. Why would they say $34 yet charge you $100? It doesn't men you don't want to do the program - I wouldn't even mix the two up but why should you pay $100 for vitamins/supplements that you don't want and don't think you ordered and feel misled about? The problem with swallowing your anger is that it will affect how you feel about the program and it will affect your progress and that isn't fair to you and I don't think that is Lucinda Basset's intent. Simple and end of story.

CourageousKris

Post by CourageousKris » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:46 pm

Thanks CarolM and nevertoolate. You're both right. I need to call them back and deal with it head on. No matter what the outcome, I at least have to feel like I said what I needed to. Also, I am definitely not giving up on this program. I do think it is wonderful and really helping me. I had a talk with myself yesterday and decided to not give into the anger and to just let it go. In the big picture, I cannot let it hurt me.
Thanks again for the comments. :D
Kris

Return to “Session 5 - Eat and Exercise to Minimize Anxiety and Depression”