BUILDING A BETTER LIFE (BBL)...... Session 5

Did you know what you eat and drink dramatically affects how you feel? Learn how to calm yourself and feel more energetic through diet and exercise.
mcshope

BUILDING A BETTER LIFE (BBL)...... Session 5

Post by mcshope » Mon May 09, 2011 10:26 am

BUILDING A BETTER LIFE

Session 5....... It has been a great experience to go thru the program with the company and support of other people. It is nice to know that there are people willing to listen and share their experiences.

This thread is open to anyone who is going thru the program. We are now on session 5 and we will start a new lesson every week. We are following Lucinda's Program the way is meant to be, listening to the sessions, reading the lessons, completing the assignments. This is just an space to share your experiences and progress.

We would like to support each other, share our progress and continue growing and learning. If you have anything to share, join us, we learn a lot from other people's experiences.

mcshope

Re: BUILDING A BETTER LIFE (BBL)...... Session 5

Post by mcshope » Mon May 09, 2011 10:29 am

mcshope

Post by mcshope » Tue May 10, 2011 9:17 pm

This session is not an easy one for me, diet and excersise have been difficult for me.

I did eliminated the caffeine and I am feeling much better, I am still working on the sugar.

I am taking a class!!!!!!.... I need to learn Quickbooks, so I decided to enroll in a class at the local college. It is only 3 days and for 3 hours each, yesterday was the first day. I was nervous going there, but as always, "Once I get there I am fine"... I actually enjoyed the class. I feel happy about that :D

I hope everybody is doing good.
Don't forget to keep practicing the positive thinking and lowering your expectations.... We are in the way to a better life.

Hope

THH

Post by THH » Wed May 11, 2011 10:19 pm

Hope - Good for you on taking a class. I use quick books too, and I'm sure I could improve my skill if I took a class as well. I figured out what I needed to do with it and left it at that!

I quit using caffeine several years ago. I had cyst and it was told to me caffeine really has to go. So I did quit that. I used to drink Pepsi or coke. I never liked coffee so it was easy. Sugar, I just watch especially if I feel stressed or anxiety setting in.
I am currently getting more exercise. I am going to ride my bike at least a couple days a week.

For me I have been much more mindful to drink 8 glasses of water a day. It is good for your joints too it helps with arthritis. I do feel better keeping well hydrated.

I hope everyone is having a good week. ;)

livelife

Post by livelife » Thu May 12, 2011 1:19 pm

HI EVERYONE HOPE YOU ARE ALL DOING FANTASTIC :D

I am really excited about my puppy. I just brought her to my place it has been a bit of trouble and it has definitely held me back on working on the program as much as all the other weeks but it is definitely a distraction and i'm still doing the program fine. I am going to be taking classes for the next 6 weeks 1 day out of each and its going to be a lil hard considering my condition but i will try my best to be patient by doing the breathing exercises and self-dialogue. anyone have any other suggestions i could use when i attend class? i usually get nervous talking to people. but its not like i'm real bad that i cant talk or anything like that i just get plain out nervous lol.. now i think its a lil funny that i would overrr worry about socializing i'm definitely realizing that i'm getting much better at socializing and other things the program has helped me with through out this wonderful journey. :) hope you all are too!

god blesses us everyday! <3
HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY EVERYONE!
WE CAN DO IT!! STAY MOTIVATED!!

mcshope

Post by mcshope » Fri May 13, 2011 9:26 am

Hello

TGIF..... It has been a good week.
First going to class, learning something new. It is a great feeling.
The weather has been warm and nice.
I decided to cut my sugar intake to 0 or almost 0.... not always easy... However I did notice that sugar gives me anxiety like symptoms.
I had eliminated caffeine, now I am eliminating sugar.... One step at a time.

Livelife,
Nice having a puppy, dogs are great company. I have 3 dogs and they sure keep me busy. Have you watched "The Dog Whisperer" on the National Geographic Channel.... Highly recommended. I learned a lot by watching that program.

THH
Thanks for the tip of the water, I am doing my best to drink more water. :)

Hope

Karen L

Post by Karen L » Fri May 13, 2011 8:19 pm

Hi eveyone :D
been falling a bit behind, just havent listened to this lesson yet, but I do understand this session.....still having a bit of a problem at times with the chocolate, as it is such a comfort food for me....I still listen to session 4 tape a few times this week....I actually listen when I work out.......and still doing my relaxation tape every night, actually dont think Ive missed a night in at least 6 months :D
my big things Ive taken away from the program so far this time around are 2 sayings that seem to work well for me....first, "thoughts only thoughts", this allows me to quickly get out of my anxious moment by reminding myself it is only my irrational thoughts that are causing my anxiety.....second, "life isnt fair", this is a big one to me that really means alot and puts life back in perspective
had a mother's day cookout with the family, was really nice :D
found out my dad's biopsy was positive for cancer.....at first I was a bit freaked, but he has decided on his treatment and the odds are really in his favor :) also, he is handling it very well which is comforting...and "life isnt fair"....but he is strong willed and he is doing all the right steps, so I just stay present and enjoy his presence :) I also am working on my faith which has been a big struggle in the past :) trust that God knows what is best and he will take care of everything :D
besides that, the family is good....and the yard is starting to come together lol :)

Hope.....congrats on the class!!! how exciting!!! you get to work on alot of different skills :D

Livelife...Im a dog person, have 2, and a cat (which I dont care for....he's anti-social and Im finally realizing after 9 yrs that he isnt nice to me, that he doesnt even like me, but is just using me for a warm home n a meal ticket lol), and then some fish.......kinda like a zoo here lol

THH.....excellent with the exercise!! bike riding can always be fun without seeming so much like exercise lol.....keep up the good work :)

well Im heading out for a bit of driving and shopping as my girls went to the Indians game with my parents......so Im enjoying a quiet evening with myself :D

NinjaFrodo

Post by NinjaFrodo » Sat May 14, 2011 3:01 pm

Hey guys, i'm still alive and I see you are too!

I'm still working through my abuse issues and still letting all the feelings come up and working through them as well as writing a book. I'm still not in a place to do the program right now, it just feels very wrong and phony for me to force myself to focus on the positives. I have tried to force the program to be the answer to all my problems with me but I realized that no i needed to focus on the abuse and so thats what is going on. When I was forcing myself through this project I was feeling more jealousy and resentment towards all of you and self-hate for not being like you guys and well thats also not very good.

I am making some really good progress with what i'm doing and starting to feel like i'm understood and getting a sense of belonging as well as alot of relief right now. My struggles still correlate to things within the program however I am not in a place to actually figure this stuff on my own and I am working on building a support network and connecting with people instead of working on being independant which I believe the program promotes. Eventually I will be in more of an appropriate place to do the program again but right now is not that time.

I will still pop in from time to time and I will be posting some videos.

Anyways I hope everybody is doing well.

And here is the video;
http://www.andiesisle.com/creation/magnificent.html

THH

Post by THH » Sat May 14, 2011 10:46 pm

MIKE!!!!
Amazing video, I love the footage shot, and the words .... awesome! Thank you for posting it.

Glad you stopped in. I wish you peace my friend. How ever you are able to find it I support you!

Karen,
So sorry to hear of your dads health issue. Its hard I know. I still have my parents they are in their upper 70's.
I always remind myself that life is not fair, bad things happen to good people. And that don't mean the people are bad. Or that God is punishing someone! Some things just will never make sense. I guess that is where beliefs come in.
I feel more connected this year with that. I don't think I will fully understand the necessary plan. What I have seen and felt in my life I know there is something bigger. I am much more open minded these days. I am also more in tune with my feelings. I think that by really wanting to get over all this negative thinking, and expectations and all the things this program points out that we do, in some way it brings self healing and by feeling good I realize its not because I have stuff, like houses, cars but I have a good understanding that it is work to carve out a contented life. And I realize how lucky I am. We all are!
Great job on coming to understand it is irrational thoughts that causes anxiety!
I'm working hard on it all, even my bike ride! I should have a boat in these parts lately! LOL...

Livelife,
YEY on the puppy! I have 2 dogs. Love them puppies! Yours will keep you busy! I too love Ceser Millan, the dog whisper. You have to watch him. He will help you understand everything! ( calm assertive energy! )
Good for you on taking your class too. I'm not sure if you have done the lesson with anticipatory anxiety yet, but this one maybe helpful. Stay in the moment. Today is today and by just going to class you will be stepping though the anticipatory wall. Remember most people feel like you as well esp. talking in front of people. You will do just fine, baby steps...

Life is good!
;)

forever young 06

Post by forever young 06 » Sun May 15, 2011 3:11 pm

hey all glad to see you all are still here. I love reading and following your post. I am not actively working the program but sure need to. I listened to tape two I find it very helpful to tell my self I am causiing all the fear and have developed a phobia of going places. my daughter and her husband and baby are staying with me while they build their house so I feel like I don't have a lot of time. I am sure I could make time. I am looking for excuses. I miss mike he had such helpful in put and advice. It is bad that some of us can't get over this as quick and easy as some like the ones on the tapes that said oh when you said it was only a panic attack I felt so much better and then got over them so quickly. but we are all so different. we aren't even afaid of the same things. I am trying to stay positive and talk to myself more nicely and then one day hope to face the interstate and the other places I won't go on my own. keep up the good work love reading this

Return to “Session 5 - Eat and Exercise to Minimize Anxiety and Depression”