BUILDING A BETTER LIFE (BBL)...... Session 5

Did you know what you eat and drink dramatically affects how you feel? Learn how to calm yourself and feel more energetic through diet and exercise.
Karen L

Re: BUILDING A BETTER LIFE (BBL)...... Session 5

Post by Karen L » Sun May 15, 2011 10:56 pm

Mike........hi :D
its great to see you and its great that you realize what you need to do and what isnt working for you right now.....please do hop in and keep us updated with how you are.....best of luck to you....trust your decisions, as only you know what is best for you :D
and the video is totally awesome!! thanks!!

THH....thanks for the positive support :) my son didnt stop over this week-end with my grandson, which is very unusual.....I ended up calling my mom about a question I had, here I come to find out my son and my grandson spent the day with my parents... I am so proud of him, knowing how much that means to my dad :D
if you do get your hands on a boat head over this way and pick me up lol :D

forever young.....its good that you are recognizing your excuses.....remember if you really want to overcome this you have to do the work :)

THH

Post by THH » Mon May 16, 2011 10:52 pm

Karen,
You must feel very proud!!! You should! Your kids learned this from you! ;)
You are a good mom! :D

mcshope

Post by mcshope » Tue May 17, 2011 10:39 am

Here is the link to session 6....
http://forum.stresscenter.com/viewtopic ... 60&t=25275

See you there :)

Karen L

Post by Karen L » Tue May 17, 2011 11:30 am

thanks THH :)

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Tue May 17, 2011 2:07 pm

Hi all--Karen L, I'm sorry to hear about your father and his cancer. My dad came down with Lymphoma, it was hard to see him go through the cancer treatment, but he was a trooper as always. He eventually got rid of it, just to have it come back and he passed on Christmas Eve in the wee hours of the morning. But he accomplished getting his financial house in order, and was able to sell his house and move to town of his birth for a short time and visit with his aging siblings and one daughter and grandchildren that lived over there. He was 92 1/2 when he passed on and pretty much followed my Mom, so we were happy for him.

Hi Mike--I'm glad you are working on your abuse issues, hope things work out for you as you go through this struggle.

THH--I like the idea of increasing my water intake, I really feel pain in my lower back and neck, I really need to do some official exercises that cover all range of motion and begin the relaxation CD. I don't sleep very well...but working on the Program. I finally watched the videos, all four of them. They were very helpful and I have the guidebook now as well and started to read it more.

I also have to watch my chocolate intake. Right when I think I can have a little bit of chocolate cake or brownie, no can do! I've always stayed away from caffeine, so now it is the sugar and chocolate I have to watch out for. I've been very limited on it compared to the way I use to be a year ago. I dislike this sensitive system I have these days! I use to be able to eat anything I wanted, I considered myself as having a cast iron stomach. I guess part of this comes with the aging body and menopause.
But I'm keeping my figure at a reasonable weight and can wear my clothes I've always been able to wear at a certain weight, and now they are still fitting and are even loser. So I like that. I think some people think that it is my metabolism, I think it is what I eat! Which is basically, eggs, tuna, lean meats and no Sugar! LOL! I might sneak in a Nestle's chocolate ice cream cone after I take my temazepam because that is when my gut in calm and then I go to sleep. I haven't determined if I have scary dreams because of that or just scary dreams in general. :roll: Paislee :mrgreen:

Return to “Session 5 - Eat and Exercise to Minimize Anxiety and Depression”