Junk Food Junkie Recovering

Did you know what you eat and drink dramatically affects how you feel? Learn how to calm yourself and feel more energetic through diet and exercise.
lindseyC

Junk Food Junkie Recovering

Post by lindseyC » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:54 pm

It feels so good to exercise and to eat healthy again. It is a harder task for me to eat healthy than it is for me to exercise. I have always been a active person. Right now I am taking a pole aerobics class, yoga, and I go on walks. When I exercise I feel more calm and I sleep better. It is hard for me to keep eating healthy because I know I am addicted to junk food. When I drive past Mcdonalds, In N OUt, or go in the grocery store and they have all those candies in the front,I am so tempted to buy the junk. I literally have to talk myself out of buying the bad stuff. I hate the way I feel after I eat a Mcdonalds cheesburger or anybody elses burger. It's like my body is telling me yuck! So then my attitude turns into yuck, i feel sluggish and disgusting. I noticed I have a habit of over eating too, when I eat from fast food places. When I eat healthy I feel happier ,energetic, and confident. I'm not going to rid myself from food I enjoy, because I mean hey you only live once! But my goal is to minimize my intake on junk food.

LyndaLu

Re: Junk Food Junkie Recovering

Post by LyndaLu » Sat May 12, 2012 5:37 pm

dear lindseyC:

I know that your post is old, but I thought I would put my two cents in.

I used to be able to drink large amounts of coffee and eat giant hunks of fudge at the same time.

Sugar was my most favorite food group. I think if I made up my own food pyramid at the time,

sugar would have covered most of the pyramid :lol: . I think back to when I used to be on a special

vacation and I would order a latte' at a coffee shop and then top it off with a hunk of fudge from

a specialty shop down the street. A person can always use a vacation as an excuse to be excessive in

their eating. No wonder I suffered from panic attacks and anxious episodes, I was all hyped up :lol: .

Hoping you are doing fine on minimizing your "junk food" intake. I don't eat fudge anymore or drink

coffee, but sugar just seems to keep creeping in to my life.

Lynda :)

lockdo

Post by lockdo » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:26 am

I still get cravings for so much food. I eat peanuts, peanut butter/ jelly sandwiches. I still do exercies at least 5 times a week. :oops:

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:12 pm

My mom was in the hospital for a week.
During the week that she was in the hospital I stayed over at her condo, which was near the hospital.
She came home from the hospital and I spent another week at her place so that I could take
care of her and so that I could drive her to and from her doctors appointments.
So, while I was at her house I was drinking caffeine again and eating a lot of sugar.
I fell "off the wagon" so to speak.
I had given up coffee and sugar while I was living alone in my apartment, but once I was
exposed to the evils of sugar again, I got hooked.
Now I am eating sugar again and craving it more and more.
I will now have to start from scratch on giving up sugar again.
I was doing so well, but I ate a lot of candy and cookies and sugary foods at my mom's house
the past two weeks. PS: I even ate pie at the hospital cafeteria. Ugh.
Lynda :(

Return to “Session 5 - Eat and Exercise to Minimize Anxiety and Depression”