Aniexty up during monthly cycle

Did you know what you eat and drink dramatically affects how you feel? Learn how to calm yourself and feel more energetic through diet and exercise.
Team Mom

Aniexty up during monthly cycle

Post by Team Mom » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:13 am

Have any of you females had your aniexty go up during the week or days before your monthly cycle? Is there anything different you do to get through this? Thanks :)

lady2

Re: Aniexty up during monthly cycle

Post by lady2 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:48 am

WOW...I WAS WONDERING THE SAME THING. IT SEEMS THE WROST IS WHEN UR PMS'ing AND I HATE IT THE MOST. I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO R HAVING ANYING ANSWERS CUZ IM GOING THREW IT AT THE MOMENT. SINCE I HAV BEEN PMS'ing I HAV NOT BEEN FEELING ANY DEPRESSION ON THAT PART, I GUESS CUZ I READ THE BIBLE EVER CHANCE I GET N IT GIVES ME COMFORT ON THAT PART, BUT IM STILL TRYING TO WORK ON THE PMS'ing AND PANIC PART. SO I UNDERSTAND WHAT UR GOING THREW ON THAT ONE. :?

*LADY2*

Team Mom

Post by Team Mom » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:57 pm

Thanks for your response Lady2. I was pretty bummed that I had almost gone a month without taking an Aniexty pill. It was so bad yesterday that I felt I needed to take one before I got to work so no one would think anything was wrong. It must be a chemical or hormone in our body? I'm going to read up on it this weekend. If I find something I will post and let you know. :)

Ldybeth

Post by Ldybeth » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:14 pm

Oh goodness, yes! In fact, I just started and finished mine last week. The week prior I felt just "off" and had at least 2 or 3 days of feeling very sensitive and not wanting to be alone at home. My first thought was, "Oh, please, please, please, let this be PMS!" I was so frightened that I might be slipping back and as I have been able to cut my medication in half over the last 2 months, this was a very overwhelming thought for me that I might have to bump it back off... Imagine my relief when there it came last week! "PTL!!" I exclaimed. :D It was really good to be able to see just how much PMS affects me without the caffeine and sugar in the way. I was able to see just how bad it can be all on it's own and was just enough to light that lil' fire under my butt to be sure that I continue to cut out these two things, in addition to continuing to phase out cigarettes.

I continued to exercise during both the PMS week and the week of my cycle and that definitely helped me to keep from sinking down too deep. I also made sure that I warned my guy too that I was feeling irritable and sensitive and to encourage him to not to anything to get himself in trouble... lol. :D
One day at a time is the key for me!

lady2

Post by lady2 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:25 pm

THANX TEAM MOM, N I NOTICE SINCE I WENT COLD TRUKEY ON CAFFEINE AND SUGAR AND STARTED TO DRINK MORE WATER, THE SENSATIONS ARE LESS. I TO TAKE ANXIETY PILL BUT AS NEED CUZ IM VERY STRICK ON WHAT I PUT IN MY BODY BUT I HAVE NT TAKING ANY FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS, SO IMA SEE WHAT HAPPEN BUT IM NOT GONNA WORRY MYSELF. BUT I HAVE NOTICE I'VE BEEN DOING A LITTLE TEARY BUT I TELL MYSELF I WILL B OKAY AND TAKE A DEEP BREATH... :D

*LADY2*

Team Mom

Post by Team Mom » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:44 am

Wow! I've been do some reading on this subject. I googled menstrual anxiety. There is a ton of information as to the cause of feeling depressed and/or aniexty during this time of the month. One thing they talked about was PMDD. Which I'm going to the OB/GYN this week and will discuss with him. Also, progesterone levels being down the first couple of days before menstrual cycle. Everything I read stresses eating right and exercise especially before and the first couple of days of the cycle. Hope this helps all of us. :D

westlynne56

Post by westlynne56 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:39 pm

Thanks for posting this. Yes, I too experience more anxiety just before. Good to know that exercise helps counter some of that. I'll certainly rachett up the heartbeats in the next week or so.

Cheers,

HopefulDreams

Post by HopefulDreams » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:33 am

I have severe PMDD..anxiety and depression and have been put on heavy medications for anxiety because of it.. recently they will be changing it as it's not doing the trick.. I'm nervous about that.. scarriest part for me is that its been so long that I felt this way . I don't know who i am anymore.. where did I go? anyone feel the same?

NeverQuit

Post by NeverQuit » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:57 am

I would see a nutritionist, I work with one and that has been a HUGE blessing in my recovery, we don't realize how what we put in our bodies affects us hormone-wise, mood-wise, etc.

I was dipping into the under-weight category from being so anxious, I think it made my metablosim totally revved up. My nutrional doctor was saying that having too little healthy fats and cholestrols in my diet would throw my hormones off. So I am eating nuts.

Protein is SO important, and I think the workbook talks about that being good around PMS time. Exercise is HUGE too. It gives you that natural boost right when our brains need it.

I definitely see a huge shift in me by the time my period comes. This is totally chemistry - our bodies go through a big hormone shift, and we're ALREADY people who have anxiety! So it's important to speak positive dialogue to ourselves and just let ourselves float through that time...We can't see clearly when we're in it, it's not our fault, it's just the way our bodies are! If people WITHOUT anxiety struggle with PMS, just think about how much WE go through with anxiety on top of it! So we need to give ourselves a break!

colycole

Post by colycole » Tue May 03, 2011 11:28 pm

I am new to the program. I was strartin to have more good days then bad. But when my cycle came it was like my body went back to old habits. What's hard is being a nurse And knowing these things, bt I become so detached from reality I lose all knowledge for myself of what I teach parents on a daily basis.

Return to “Session 5 - Eat and Exercise to Minimize Anxiety and Depression”