Tired

Did you know what you eat and drink dramatically affects how you feel? Learn how to calm yourself and feel more energetic through diet and exercise.
Purrrrme2U

Tired

Post by Purrrrme2U » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:52 pm

To the point, I have been so tired since starting this. More so in the last few weeks. I get winded just cooking a meal, and sometimes have to go lay down--my heart is beeting, dizzy, literally can't stand up. It comes and goes for yrs now, but really bad lately! I have been sleeping a lot and not by choice, always tired. I wondered if it could be the Vitamins they sent us? Has anyone had this problem? I like the program, I just feel weak. At least the Vit have made me regular(#2)LOL. Please let me know?

Paisleegreen

Re: Tired

Post by Paisleegreen » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:05 pm

Well, sometimes when we cut back on sugar and salt, you might feel tired, because it is like going through withdrawals. Do you think that is your problem?

Purrrrme2U

Post by Purrrrme2U » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:51 pm

I'm not a fan of salt, so unless it come's with it, I don't add it. As for sugar, IDK. I haven't really kicked it out totally. At this point, I just have Ice Cream{vanilla} at night and not much. As for my other sugar...Pop, I have tried to stop drinking Coke{but do a few times a week} and I buy 7 Up--put it in a half frozen{of water} bottle and drink that more than Coke. The ice melts so the pop gets really diluted and I figured that was better than just drinking it straight, plus I do drink tons of water, always have. Just so you can add this in: I went through a friend of the family{2nd mom to me} death at the beginning of March. My friend hired me to take care of her, but I said I would do it for free...I loved her. After getting there, she was gone in 1 week. I was the one with her when she passed and ran and got her son in the next room. This has changed things for me. I have stopped the program and stopped a lot of other things to. The worst part is, I was on a role with the program and had high hopes. Also, my friend hasn't talked to me since she died and that is hard too. It may be hard for him, but I feel kind of used...at the end of the day--I gave up a lot to do that for him. Now I'm just alone. Anyway, I don't know what if anything, you can say to help me now? :cry: Thanks for commenting though. That meant a lot.
Tammy

OneMoreTry

Post by OneMoreTry » Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:15 pm

Hi! First, I want to you to know how very brave I think you are. You've gone through something very intense and you're still here. (Big hug from me) and I hope you acknowledge this to yourself. too As someone whose been there (several times). I wanted to gently remind you of the natural progression of things. You have experienced something intense and of course your are going to feel depleted. My personal belief is that the body gears down so the mind can process the experience. That processing may involve crying, anger, a tremendous sense of loss, bewilderment, loneliness, etc, etc. You may find yourself analyzing events and behaviours to search out what they mean and what their implications might be. And of course, where do you go from here. All of this is perfectly natural. A lot of it sucks but it is the healing course of things. If you are aware of it and can watch, you'll find that a lot of the yeechy feelings (although intense at times) do have a finite lifespan. Feelings appear to be go on forever. They do change, they do decrease, they do go away ... eventually. It's been my experience that the only way to deal with grief is to go THROUGH it (like waiting out a thunderstorm). Lots and Lots of people resist it and either shut down or deny it (Who wants to feel yeechy, right?). I think this may be your friend's choice. Everyone has to process in their own way and time. His behaviour is probably not personal at all. Losing a parent brings up lots and lots of stuff.
I'm hoping you will reconsider quiting the program. It's easy to take care of yourself when there are no challenges, but its most important to do it when the stuff hits the fan. I find when I've gone through something like you have that I have to take it down to basics - relaxation, enough sleep (or even extra), make sure that eat 3 x day - and make choices that will help me get stronger, get outside and walk in the sun (not only to exercise but also to remind myself that not all of life is dog poo). I have to take it a step at a time. And just one step. That's what I focus on. If I could wave a magic wand and it would all be gone for you, I would certainly do that, but that's not real is it? This is all I got - I hope it helps.

Return to “Session 5 - Eat and Exercise to Minimize Anxiety and Depression”