Having a week

Did you know what you eat and drink dramatically affects how you feel? Learn how to calm yourself and feel more energetic through diet and exercise.
BJJ

Post by BJJ » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:40 am

So i am on week 5 going on week 6. I am one of those people that has the obbessive scary thoughts all the time. The one that i used to have alot was hurting people with knifes like lucinda had. But last friday i heard this thing on the radio that Oprah had a woman on her show that had 20 different personalities and they talked about a clip in the show that one of this womans personalites was a gay man who she is in therpey with because the world doesnt understand him. After i heard that i started thinking OMG what if i was like that would the world except me. I mean these thoughts just kept on going through my head over and over again. I scared me really bad. And when these toughts come in my head i feel really uncomfortable. I love my husband very much and i have never had thaughts like this ever in my life. The interesting thing about this is now that i have this thaught in my head the one with the fear of knifes have gone away and this is the only one that sits in my head. Its driving me nuts and its really scary, does anyone have a good adivse for me to help me get through this

Mystikal1231

Post by Mystikal1231 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:48 am

When I have my "scary thoughts" I try to change my thoughts, I will sing a song or do something to get my mind off of it. Haven't gotten to the session yet about scary thoughts, so that's how Im dealing. working threw the program though does seem to help. With the self-talk and things - my scary thoughts have lessened quite a bit!!!
** How can you give love to others, or recieve love of others - if you can not 1st love yourself? **

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:39 am

Well, the person on Oprah, was abused terribly, so that is what you have to figure out is where is your pain coming from that you think of knives.

Bob-o Bingo

Post by Bob-o Bingo » Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:31 pm

Originally posted by Mystikal1231:
** How can you give love to others, or recieve love of others - if you can not 1st love yourself? **

The problem is, you can't. But it's even worse than that. It took me more than 60 years to accept this next part, so please listen up...

If you were not held, nurtured and loved enough when you were a little baby, then you will find it to be impossible to truly love anyone, or receive love from anyone. This condition has been called incurable by many, but some have received healing thru extensive means.

Return to “Session 5 - Eat and Exercise to Minimize Anxiety and Depression”