Frustrated!

Did you know what you eat and drink dramatically affects how you feel? Learn how to calm yourself and feel more energetic through diet and exercise.
Headed4Atlantic

Post by Headed4Atlantic » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:30 pm

I've done really well with starting an exercise routine and sticking with it over the past few weeks. I'm really struggling with the no caffeine, cut out sugar thing though. Up to now we've been told that we tend to see things very black and white and that's not how they really are, but now all of a sudden I feel like I've been given a black or white ultimatum and I'm SO irritated! Can't major cutbacks on these foods be sufficient? I love mochas, and the idea of cutting them out completely makes me want to cry. Grr! I was doing so good and now I'm just ticked off and want to throw the towel in. Especially with comments like "How bad do you want it?". Seriously? I must want it pretty bad if I spent all the moneyf or the program and am dedicating all this time to it. Don't play those mind tricks with me!

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:14 am

Hi,
Sigh...giving up coffee is a big one for me too! I enjoy a healthy lifestyle-- eat well, exercise, maintain a good weight and have considered that caffine was not as dangerous to overall health/wellness than it appears to be.
My resistance is causing me to examine what it represents to me and why the suggestion of giving it up is such a big deal....who knows! Thinking about it, I do associate coffee with postive experiences and it is a habit that I have enjoyed for a number of years.

Since beginning this program, I have cut back ( yeah),no bad feelings or side effects-- just a change that I am more conscious of...
( yeah)...and... I still have a way to go before I eliminate caffine from my system. On the path but not sure of where or how long it will take me!

Perhpas if we eliminate coffee, one cup at a time, we can reframe our thinking and no longer miss it when it is gone :cool:

I might also sleep better as a result.

Best wishes, myth

nevertoolate

Re: Frustrated!

Post by nevertoolate » Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:37 pm

I cut back to one cup and gradually have eased back up to a cup and and a half again. I haven't listened to tape 5 yet - I guess thats where it says cut it all out? But I guess I am not as militant about doing every single thing - I thought moderation was the key? Not absolutes I think for now I will stay with a cup of coffee a day.

Return to “Session 5 - Eat and Exercise to Minimize Anxiety and Depression”