Afraid of obsessive thoughts, going crazy...

Did you know what you eat and drink dramatically affects how you feel? Learn how to calm yourself and feel more energetic through diet and exercise.
Karita

Post by Karita » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:38 pm

I am so frustrated with the obsessive thoughts that still continue to make me lose complete control of myself within a second and lasts throughout the day as of 2001. I suffer almost every symptom on an anxiety disorder/depression list, but my greatest fear is scary to speak of...I am afraid I will violently attack someone. I never have but the flashes I have are terrible and so fearsome and it took me a year before I got real help and actually finally believed the doctor that it was severe anxiety disorder anbd severe depression (before that I didn't believe the doctors) and YOU CAN IMAGINE THE DOCTOR'S FIRST EXPRESSION WHEN I TOLD HIM I WAS AFRAID I WAS GOING TO ATTACK PEOPLE!!). I am constanly on overdrive or just stuck in bed very depressed.

PLEASE REPLY IF YOU HAVE HAD SIMILAR SYMPTOMS OF THE SCARIEST KIND AND HAVE MANAGED TO OVERCOME THEM). Am so fed up.

Karita

Post by Karita » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:39 pm

Also I forgot to mention that yes I have been on medication for quite a while...

Michael

Post by Michael » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:35 am

Hello Karita,

Welcome to the StressCenter.com. You are definitely in the right place. Could not help responding to your post in that obscure thoughts were one of my symptoms of anxiety. Let me share with you what I've learned in regards to scary thoughts and anxiety.
1) When we initially get these thoughts and lack the education and coping skills we get anxious and mildly depressed. Depression defined as anger/frustration turned inward. This is completely normal because we lack the education, foundation and skill set to work from.

2) When we lack the cognitive foundation and skills we instinctively chase these thoughts down with irrational what if's. What if I am capable of this? Am I going crazy?, ect.. These thoughts just lead to more variations of the obscure thoughts. Which just leads to more anxiety.

3) The key is to dismantle the fear. We dismantle the fear through education, implementing a new cognitive foundation and healthier belief system. This results in effective coping skills which leads to desensitizing/insignificizing these symptoms.

4) Reality is you are incapable of carrying out these thoughts because the mere fact these thoughts initially made you anxious is pure evidence of your sanity.

5) In regards to your statement "CAN YOU IMAGINE THE DOCTOR'S FIRST EXPRESSION WHEN I TOLD HIM...." A good therapist/coach who is schooled in this area of anxiety wouldn't of blinked an eye. I learned (as you are now) that you share these thoughts (symptoms) with a RESPONSIBLE EAR. RESPONSIBLE EAR defined as someone who can identify with your symptoms and offer insight.

6) In regards to your statement "doctor said in was severe anxiety and severe depression..." No. Based on what I am reading this is nothing more than anxiety with co-existing depression. COMPLETELY CURABLE. Reality is you are making yourself "severely anxious and depressed". This is understandable, because you don't have the foundation and skill set yet. Good news is if we have the capablity to think ourselves into this then we possess the capability to think ourselves out. With the right coaching you can think yourself out.

6) In response to your statement "PLEASE REPLY IF YOU HAVE HAD SIMILAIR SYMPTOMS OF THE SCARIEST KIND AND HAVE MANAGED TO OVERCOME THEM"
I have had the exact symptoms and overcame completely and you will too.

E-mail me anytime for support. I am employed as a coach for the StressCenter.com and do alot of peer support. Karita, You are a success waiting to happen. God Bless and GO FOR IT!!!!!

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:15 pm

Wow, Michael--:) I liked what you posted to Karita. I was enlightened by your statement that she has nothing more than anxiety with co-existing depression. And it is good to know that as we work on our thoughts we can overcome this. Thanks for your reply. It is always good to read either a new insight or reread what has already been learned and forgotten. :) Paislee

Michael

Post by Michael » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:25 am

Thanks Paisleegreen,

One of the most important things I've learned through this is that IF WE FOCUS ON THE TRUTH...THE TRUTH WILL SET US FREE.....

GOD BLESS

Return to “Session 5 - Eat and Exercise to Minimize Anxiety and Depression”