Eliminating Caffeine & Sugar

Did you know what you eat and drink dramatically affects how you feel? Learn how to calm yourself and feel more energetic through diet and exercise.
Dominick

Post by Dominick » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:53 pm

It's about 3 weeks without sugar and caffeine and what a difference it has made. My anxiety level has dropped dramatically. I'm much calmer and more relaxed than ever even without the positive mood vitamins. It did a little test as Lucinda suggested. I had a can of regular pepsi yesterday along with a piece of cake and I noticed a change in my anxiety. Shortly after consuming the pepsi and cake I started to feel more anxious. Don't get me wrong it did not get out of control but I noticed the difference. It's amazing what a little change in your diet can do for you.

kidsisme

Post by kidsisme » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:12 pm

Isn't it amazing that when we actually do what's good for our bodies they respond amazingly well!? I've been off sugar (as in soda, and adding it to drinks) for more than a month now. This isn't the first time I've done this (as I started the program in 2008) but sometimes I slip and then need to get back to it. I'm always amazed at how much better I feel when I eat correctly and stay away from food and drink that do me no good. Good for you Dominick!

Michelle Holly

Post by Michelle Holly » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:53 pm

Hi. I'm addicted to caffeine. Everyday I feel like I need to have caffeine of some sort, whether it's coffee, tea, or anything with caffeine. I know that it's making me more anxious and depressed, but it's so hard for me to quit. I don't want to experience withdrawal symptoms. I've tried to quit several times before, but eventually I give in. Any advice on what I can do or say to myself to make quitting easier?

creamcheesepuff

Post by creamcheesepuff » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:18 pm

Michelle Holly, Try to go half and half first. put half decaf coffee or tea and half caffeine.
Its a start....you know in your mind that caffeine is still there but its in half now, then slowly cut it back more and more. Hope it helps......your dependency on the caffeine will dissolve.

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:42 am

Dr OZ did a show on it reducing caffeine intact slowly if you have been a big coffee or Coca cola drinker. I had already learned what drinking a soda with caffeine in it can do to me. So I've avoided it. Now I'm noticing what sodium can do to you! Yikes! :eek:

Fed_up123

Re: Eliminating Caffeine & Sugar

Post by Fed_up123 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:16 pm

Don't we need caffeine in our body ??????

stephen male

Re: Eliminating Caffeine & Sugar

Post by stephen male » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:32 am

i have been reducing caffiene for about a week now gradually going from reg to half and half and now 1:4 one part caffiene four parts decaf.i still feel that i need not nesaceraly ? lol caffiene but something to start my metabolism going.Ive also started to add more milk[be it skim or for me half n half{for the fats}].i feel that this kind of jumpstarts my metabolism so i can eat within the next half an hour to an hour.hope this helps someone. :D

Return to “Session 5 - Eat and Exercise to Minimize Anxiety and Depression”