how can i make myself eat

Did you know what you eat and drink dramatically affects how you feel? Learn how to calm yourself and feel more energetic through diet and exercise.
Mystikal1231

Post by Mystikal1231 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:27 am

I am not in this session anymore, but still seem to struggle... I have gotten better at cutting the sugar out and things... I struggle though with eating in general. I can skip a meal so easily...

I have tried to focus and tell myself I HAVE to eat at least 3 meals a day... not only for me but for my kids...

But still I seem to have trouble somedays when I start thinking - Ok I have to eat breakfast now... before it's already lunch time, and it's like thinking that I have to eat starts to them make me feel sick - so then I really don't want to eat.

I'm 5'7" and I don't even weight 100lbs... I hate going out and doing things - cause I know everyone is looking at me like I must be a crack head or I make myself puke or whatever....

I have tried for many years to work on this - but I seem to have SOOOOO much trouble...

This is something I struggled w/also since I was a little girl... I haven't been over 100lbs ever in my life!!!
** How can you give love to others, or recieve love of others - if you can not 1st love yourself? **

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:33 am

Well I've been thinking and thinking about this - and I've decided this like anything else is a bad habit. I guess it was harder to realize that, because it's something I just grew up doing, just as my mother had. Having 3 kids of my own, I don't want this to be a family tradition we keep passing on down the line. So I am making a committment to myself, no matter how hard, not matter how much I don't want to, or make excuses - I am going to do it.

I got up yesterday and today and cooked breakfast for the kids... and I sat down and ate it with them. It wasn't much - but it was a start. I did have to somewhat "force" myself. But I think the more I do it, the less force I wll have to use.

This is just another "thought" i have to overcome and get out of my head!!

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:54 am

Maybe you could try to healthy snack... have small things to eat all day long. Sometimes it is not easy to sit down and have a whole meal, but eating little things during the day can help.

Have you tried the ensure shakes... those could help to get some of the nutrients your body needs.

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:14 am

Mshope - thanks for your input - I think that is a good idea also - little snacks during the day may also help to increase my appetite... the shakes are a good idea to, I got that ovaltine stuff thinking I would make sure to have a glass to two of that a day!!! :)

I will get there - as everything else - one step at a time!! I think I now have the determitation I was missing before... :) as now it's more about me and what I need to be me again!! :)

Thanks again Mshope - I do also appreciate just getting a reply!!

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:53 am

Youre welcome.
I know is not easy, but you seem to be doing good. Keep up the good work

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:21 pm

today went pretty well... I was proud of myself this evening - a time arose when I would have skipped dinner, but I worked threw it and had a wonderful meal :) looking at it as a bad habit - like my negative thinking - is making it easier for me to talk myself not into it, but into it lol :)

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:22 pm

I think being able to "put it out there" helps me a lot to - it's like that almost makes it real to me.

Purrrrme2U

Re: how can i make myself eat

Post by Purrrrme2U » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:05 pm

I have lost the motivation to really cook. I've been living off of Top Ramen and ice water a lot. Eating healthy is expensive and I am on a fixed income. I am a one meal a day kind of gal. I need cheap idea's for daily eating. Funny thing is, I haven't lost any weight since I stopped cooking and eating like I use to. I know I need to go to diet pop and no sugar etc. I have made a little progress with cutting Coke out. I don't buy it for the house which helps...can't drink what you don't have! :lol: Any help would be nice. Oh, and cooked rice...tell me that one is ok? It's shopping time so any help....

bklynbee

Post by bklynbee » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:33 pm

I have a daily struggle with eating as well. I could go the whole day without eating anything and by the end of the day I feel like I will completely loose my mind. This week I have been really making an effort to eat, I eat first thing when I get up then a mid morning snack lunch and then dinner. I think I was giving myself more anxiety from not eating because it would be in the back of mind that i did not eat all day. At least this way if I dont feel good I am still able to say well I did eat so its not from me not eating. My problem with this session is the exercise. I am afraid to leave my house but I usually manage to walk my dogs in the evening. I used to be able to walk them around the block but now i only go halfway around the block. I usually just lay in my bed the whole day and I know this is not good for me but I cant seem to motivate myself to get up and get out of the house. Sometimes when I do decide to go out I start having anxiety about it and then wind up changing my mind. If I could get past this problem I think I would start feeling a lot better. Hopefully in time it will get better.

stephen male

Post by stephen male » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:38 pm

i hate to post anything about meds on here but there is a product called megace that will increase ur appetite.but def talk to ur doctor before starting it.it will raise ur estogen count which in turn will make u more hungry.but there are some side effects that need to be considered more.ie more estogen in ur body may lead to hot flashes and if ur not careful will lead to more anxiety.andmood swings please consult ur doctor before u start this drug.just some info my mother whois a doctor put me on to it .but being a male i felt it wasnt right for me.

Return to “Session 5 - Eat and Exercise to Minimize Anxiety and Depression”