how can i make myself eat

Did you know what you eat and drink dramatically affects how you feel? Learn how to calm yourself and feel more energetic through diet and exercise.
stephen male

Re: how can i make myself eat

Post by stephen male » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:38 pm

i hate to post anything about meds on here but there is a product called megace that will increase ur appetite.but def talk to ur doctor before starting it.it will raise ur estogen count which in turn will make u more hungry.but there are some side effects that need to be considered more.ie more estogen in ur body may lead to hot flashes and if ur not careful will lead to more anxiety.andmood swings please consult ur doctor before u start this drug.just some info my mother whois a doctor put me on to it .but being a male i felt it wasnt right for me.

stephen male

Post by stephen male » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:06 pm

ive found that in the last two weeks of exercisizing that my appetite has increased tenfold.As a body builder nutrition is every thing to me.As ive posted before there are some medications that can help but id like not to get into that.One solution ive found is that drinking a big glass of water a half an hour before ur meal will expand ur stomach lining and will leave u within that half an hour thus making u hungry due to the fact that your stomach lining has been stetched and the water that streched it has left.This was brought up during a forum for weight lifting and appetite loss.i personally drink a gallon of water a day[or try it doesnt always work out that way for me]lol.but its an idea worth trying.like i tell every one else google it.there are 8 billion poeple in this world someone somewhere has bloged or posted a anwser that i cannot provide u.We have a wealth of information at our finger tips all you need to do is TYPE IT IN. :D

katielynnew

Post by katielynnew » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:18 pm

im never hungry before 4 pm, no appetite for breakfast or lunch either. i have to make myself eat durng the day. ive gotten into a bananas for breakfast and sweet potato for lunch routine. dinner is when im hungry n ill eat just about anything. ive always been petite but this is ridiculous! im on the last hole in my belt and my pants are still slippin. not cool and it cant be healthy.

midnightt

Post by midnightt » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:36 pm

I also could use alot of help here........I generally eat once a day and not much then. I do drink ensure daily but it is not enough. I also lay in bed most days how do I get out of this rut......I am pretty much housebound due to severe anxiety. I am low on iron and cant take iron pills because they make me ill........what to do......Im scared and frustrated.

afickes

Post by afickes » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:15 pm

I have a HUGE fear of vomiting. My anxiety and stress are in my stomach. I still have a long way to go but I as well skip meals and it doesnt bother me. But, if I wait too long to eat then I feel light headed and worse then if I do eat. I dread meals and I know this is all in my head but I still am yet at the point where I can completely control my anxiety. I suffer terribly with stomach aches. I always freak out when I eat and immediately have a stomach ache. I wish you luck with this and hope you can get to a point that you can atleast eat small meals. When you dont eat, ur anxiety worsens. That is how it is for me.

bklynbee

Post by bklynbee » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:59 pm

I used to have the same problem, I would go the whole day without eating one thing. I started forcing myself to eat breakfast lunch and dinner and now it is just like second nature. As soon as I get up in the morning I eat breakfast then have a mid morning snack around 10 or 11. 12 or 1 I eat lunch and then dinner at 6. Let me tell you I have to eat now, my body is so used to it that if I dont I just cant function and wind up feeling terrible. Im telling you just keep forcing yourself even if it is little snacks throughout the day and you will see the difference. I feel so much better since I eat properly and I think that was a lot of my problem. I am 5'7 also and last year I weighed about 125. Everyone was like you are so skinny do you eat? Since then i am up to 137 and just feel so much better. Just keep trying to eat at least 3 meals a day, even if you have to force it. After a couple of months it will just become second nature to you and you wont even think about it anymore. Good luck!

Return to “Session 5 - Eat and Exercise to Minimize Anxiety and Depression”