Dumb question

Did you know what you eat and drink dramatically affects how you feel? Learn how to calm yourself and feel more energetic through diet and exercise.
debchance

Post by debchance » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:49 am

Hey, I know the answer to this inside somewhere but my brain who betrays me sometimes suggested it would be a good idea to start out the day having a half batch of sugar cookie dough for breakfast. Now, guess what? I feel like crap. I know that caffeine makes a world of difference with anxiety and depression, especially anxiety but what does sugar do exactly?
Please be easy on me here, I am not really SLOW but am definitely fighting the sugar compulsion and need some insight, encouragement and validation,
Thanks,
debc

MartiSue

Post by MartiSue » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:08 am

I was a binge eater and a chocoholic until I started taking Shaklee multivitamins. Something is missing that your body is craving.
I found that not all vitamins are the same, but I did find that these work for me. I have lost 30 pounds not binge eating anymore.

debchance

Post by debchance » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:29 am

Thank you MartiSue,
Do you find that sugar makes you feel lousy? Besides packing on the weight I mean. It is easy for me to see how caffiene can cause problems emotionally but somehow I have a harder time making the connection with sugar. maybe because I don't want to...

theresa2008

Post by theresa2008 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:45 am

<A HREF="http://www.healingdaily.com/detoxificat ... /sugar.htm" TARGET=_blank>This website</A> details the effects of sugar on the body. I used to work in a retail store where the checkout candy was always calling my name. I would eat 3 candy bars a day! Since lowering my sugar consumption I really notice it's effect on me when I eat even the smallest amount. I pretty much went cold turkey and stopped eating all candy and other sweeties. I'll have a piece of pie or cake on holidays/special occasions but that's it.

Return to “Session 5 - Eat and Exercise to Minimize Anxiety and Depression”