Good Days Dietary Supplements

Did you know what you eat and drink dramatically affects how you feel? Learn how to calm yourself and feel more energetic through diet and exercise.
Sue89

Post by Sue89 » Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:31 pm

When my mother ordered the Attacking Anxiety program to surprise me with, the salesperson on the phone also sold her on a monthly auto-ship order of Good Days dietary supplements. I procrastinated about taking them, but started this past week. I noticed that one of the pills (they're in daily packets of 4), the "Positive Mood Formula" pill, has 350 mg of Panax ginseng as its main ingredient. I've read in several different sources that this is not an herb that should be taken by those with anxiety or insomnia. Why on earth would they include this in a supplement sold to anxiety sufferers?

Has anyone else taken these supplements, and have you experienced any increase in anxiety? So far I don't think I've experienced any increased tension or anxiety, but I've only taken it for a few days. Thankfully, my mother canceled the auto-ship plan but I want to finish the box so it won't go to waste. I may continue just taking the multi-vitamins and the Omega-3 included in the packet, but I'm thinking of skipping the Positive Mood pill.

Scottiesgrl

Post by Scottiesgrl » Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:39 pm

I have been taking these vitamins for a couple weeks now, and they really seem to help! I am not so depressed! There is no increase in my anxiety, in my opinion they are really good vitamins! I did however experience an increase in energy for the first couple days, that freaked me out cause I do not like anything that makes me feel different, but after about two or three days it went away and my body got used to it, now I do not even notice it! I thought the same thing about the ginseng when I got them but really ginseng is just for a clear mind, helping with an active mind! I like the vitamins and think that they make me feel better, they take some of the depression away! Good luck to you, and I hope the vitamins help you too :)
Manda

Sue89

Post by Sue89 » Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:14 pm

Thanks for replying, Scottiesgrl. I can see why panax ginseng might help with depression since it helps with concentration and memory as well as energy. Since I'm not so sure depression is one of my problems, I'm not sure I want to take that chance. I get keyed-up easily and once had a horrible reaction to St. John's Wort where I was ready to jump out of my skin. Siberian ginseng is supposed to be okay for anxiety sufferers, though. Perhaps I can find a supplement with that in it. I wouldn't mind an increase in energy, as long as it doesn't bring that keyed-up feeling along with it. Thanks again for your input. :)

Bakedpears

Post by Bakedpears » Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:46 am

<A HREF="http://www.aafp.org/afp/20031015/1539.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.aafp.org/afp/20031015/1539.html</A>
There is an article in the American Family Physician about Panax ginseng. I am not finding any information that says people with anxiety or insomnia should not take Panax ginseng. Most information says it is good for the mind and for vitality/energy.

I have taken the vitamin supplements for many months now and I have not had any adverse effects. I think they do help me feel healthier overall. I feel confident that much research went into designing these vitamins specifically for those of us with anxiety, depression and panic. I think they're a good accent for the program prgm, but they are optional, so it's up to the individual to choose. I know the program works well without the vitamins bc they were not available when I went through.

Tammy

Flower Petal

Post by Flower Petal » Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:04 pm

I have just started the supplements, this is my first day. I too am a little anxious about taking something new, but I decided I have nothing to lose and I believe this supplement has been well researched. Today I can not tell if I have any unwanted side effects due to my cold and the fact I just started except my urine is very yellow. Good luck.

msksday

Post by msksday » Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:29 pm

I've been taking these vitamins for several months & really like them. I've always taken vitamin & supplements but like how these are designed specifically for people with anxiety/depression and how they are put together in daily dosages, eliminating the work of trying to figure out for myself how much of each vitamin/supplement I should be taking.

Flower petal, I believe the yellow urine is from the vitamin C.
For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.
II Timothy 1:7

Jane

Post by Jane » Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:01 pm

I always thought it was the B vitamins that make it bright yellow

lil123

Post by lil123 » Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:01 am

Vitamin C turns urine yellow.

msksday

Post by msksday » Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:18 pm

Jane, you may be right about the vitamin B. I had second thoughts after I posted & thought maybe it was the B instead of C, especially since Good Days has only 100mg. of C which is very low.
For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.
II Timothy 1:7

faithinme

Post by faithinme » Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:59 am

:)I have taken Good Days for almost a year now and find them to be very helpful. I know it may sound weird but sometimes the little saying on the pack alone can help rid me of a bad mood. It's hard to stay in a bad mood while reading "YOU own today, Make it Great!" or "I will smile wide and laugh hard today." I hope this is helpful to anyone contemplating the vitamins.
Faith :D

Return to “Session 5 - Eat and Exercise to Minimize Anxiety and Depression”