caffeine addiction struggles

Did you know what you eat and drink dramatically affects how you feel? Learn how to calm yourself and feel more energetic through diet and exercise.
afickes

Re: caffeine addiction struggles

Post by afickes » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:10 pm

I drank so much soda a day. I mean we are talking around 5 or 6. For me, once my anxiety became full force I drink 1 soda a day. My anxiety stops me from drinking it because I get the physical symptoms as in stomach aches all day. I have notice even when I have stomach aches I want the soda but because of my fear of vomiting I do not drink it. I can understand you problem completely. A few years back I tried to quit drinking soda and I got the shakes and bad headaches. Just maybe try to drink less at a slow rate. If you stop immediately you will have the side effects. You have to do it slowly. I wish you luck :)

LyndaLu

Re: caffeine addiction struggles

Post by LyndaLu » Sat May 12, 2012 6:04 pm

afickes:
I was never on a soda kick, but I worked in an office that provided FREE coffee. How can a person turn THAT down !
Even though the coffee was not of the greatest quality, I still drank it. I never considered myself addicted until
years later when I looked back on my experience with coffee consumption at my job. The best thing I ever did
for myself recently was to give my coffee pot away, so I don't even have a coffee pot in my apartment. I cannot
be tempted to make a pot of coffee if I don't have a pot ! Still, one day not too long ago I decided to have a strong
cup of Starbucks coffee on an empty stomach. Wow, I have never experienced the feelings that I had on that day
before. I was SO shaky and nervous and I felt so wierd. Never did I think that a small, strong, cup of coffee from
a coffee shop would affect me in such a way. I have had some real coffee twice since then, and I felt the same
crummy feelings, the shaky and nervous feelings, that I did that day at Starbucks. It just isn't worth it. I just
don't want the coffee now because of the wierd way it makes me feel.

Anyone else have any caffeine addiction struggles to share? Doesn't decaf coffee still have caffeine in it ?

Lynda :)

Return to “Session 5 - Eat and Exercise to Minimize Anxiety and Depression”