Really struggling with this

Did you know what you eat and drink dramatically affects how you feel? Learn how to calm yourself and feel more energetic through diet and exercise.
goodgrief504

Post by goodgrief504 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:01 pm

Hi guys,

Before I started this program, I honestly wanted to skip this lesson because I knew I wouldn't be able to carry out many of the recommendations. I am indeed doing the lesson, but I seem to be stuck.

Does anyone else feel ANGRY at this lesson? :D To echo another member's sentiments, "What's left to eat?" It seems everything is bad, bad, bad.

I certainly do have a major sweet tooth and I could almost cry at the notion of not eating chocolate anymore. We're supposed to stay away from sugar, but everything has sugar in it. And artificial sweeteners are supposed to upset your stomach.

I'm also having a problem with this lesson because of its assumption that everyone doing it wants to lose weight. I'm underweight, and I need to make sure I'm eating enough. If I cut all of these foods out of my diet, that won't be healthy at all.

It just doesn't seem realistic sometimes. So many sources tell you to choose frozen grapes over ice cream, for instance. Yeah right. Are our bodies honestly going to be convinced?

I need to know what kinds of snacks I CAN have that are reasonable. Reasonable to me means it tastes pretty good and you don't have to import ingredients from other countries!

Sorry to sound so pessimistic. I'm just so frustrated over here!

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:53 am

I think everyone has a problem with this session. I thought that i would ace it, because i do excersis regularly. But my diet had a lot to do with how i felt at the time. I've been off of cafine and use very little sugar and i feel great. you will not believe the difference, the feeling that you get with chocalate will be forgotten once you get in touch with how different foods make you feel. Believe it or not, your diet counts for about 30 percent of your anxiety!!!

Bill

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:03 am

Thank you for the advice-I think it will be impossible to cut out ALL sugar, but I'll definitely cut down.

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:36 am

I have done a MAJOR overhaul on my nutrition Recently (within last 6 months) and I cant tell you how much of a positive impact it has made in ALL area's of my life. I know it seems hard and almost impossible, but it is so worth it! , Nutrition plays such a big big part on our mental clarity and mood, as does exercise, I truly believe Nutrition and exercise to be "Natural" anti depressants! I, like you was hooked on sweets! I ate them each and everyday! and the thought of giving them up made me sad, but that has changed now, I no longer think of "treats" in the same way, they no longer rule my life. I was significantly overweight as well, and though I still have a ways to go i am now 60 lb's lighter and feeling so much better about myself. Hope this helped to encourage you in some small way, just want to let you know that nutrition is so important in our bodies and mind's working optimally! if you have any specific questions for me, please dont hesitate to ask, i finished the program about 2 years ago, and am still doing very well. Take care!
Michelle

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:37 pm

That really is encouraging, especially coming from someone who was once in my situation. Thank you very much!

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:54 pm

your welcome! let me know how your doing with it!

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:36 pm

I hear ya with the frustration!! The thing that helps me is knowing that cutting out the chocolate, sugar,etc is going to help me feel better, and I want to feel better!! We all do!! Having a good, real, maeningful reason to stop something can be just enough ambition to do it.

Return to “Session 5 - Eat and Exercise to Minimize Anxiety and Depression”