diet

Did you know what you eat and drink dramatically affects how you feel? Learn how to calm yourself and feel more energetic through diet and exercise.
Valle

Post by Valle » Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:31 am

So I have been cutting out sugar.Is there a special diet I should be on for this?I want to get rid of this panic.

Sporadic

Post by Sporadic » Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:00 am

start with no alcohol, no caffeine, soda, coffee, chocolate, minimal sugar. i eat turkey because it relaxes you. basically, i'd say just follow the food pyramid. i don't get nearly enough dairy and meat. i eat alot of carbs, veggies and fruits. i can't eat dairy, and i hate preparing raw meat, but, i'd say the food pyramid is prolly a decent plan to follow. its more what NOT to eat, ya know? google "relaxing foods." i know some foods have calming abilities.

~*schnauzermom*~

Post by ~*schnauzermom*~ » Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:16 am

I do not think there is one magic diet for everyone, it is not a one size fits all approach.

I have been following an allergy type diet' no wheat, no gluten, no sugar, no caffiene, no red meat, no parcially hygogenated oils, no dairy, no soy. Also if it comes in a package and I cannot read it and KNOW what it is, FORGET IT, I will not buy it! There are SO many chemicals and crap in food so I buy ALL organic whenever possible. Does not cost much more than a fast food meal out, really! Most of my foods are purchased raw, LOTS of veggies, some low frustose fruit (all berries), chicken, wild caught salmon and that is about it. I am getting a juicer too, so that will make things interesting!

I have read "Food Allergies and Food Intolerance: The Complete Guide to Their Identification and Treatment" by Jonathan Brostoff and Linda Gamlin (Paperback - April 1, 2000). and "Food Allergies For Dummies" by Robert A., MD Wood and Joe Kraynak (Paperback - April 2, 2007) Library had these, so no cost to me.

I found that I feel better without wheat, gluten, dairy, red meat, sugar and caffiene. The other stuff (food additives, preservative, etc) I avoid because it is not healthy to consume.

You have to research, read and try different methods that way you will see what works best for you. Like I said there is no one size, we are all different. Some people get depressed/anxious from wheat or gluten products and can tolerate everything else, some can eat anything and they are fine. It is a procss of elimination, trial and maybe error.

Good luck in your health journey!

Good luck!
"Afterall, everybody only hears what he understands." by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

cindylou

Post by cindylou » Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:56 am

Valle, the big ones to cut out are the sugars and caffeine.
Usually a routine of smaller, more frequent meals, or three light meals a day with healthy snacks in between is helpful. Be sure to get some proteins in, no matter what. Either meats, fish, nuts, beans, etc. They're sustained in our bodies longer, balancing out the carbs. Keeping our blood sugar at an EVEN level is important to help reduce anxiety.
Those big ups and downs of blood sugar levels with high carbohydrate intake tend to trigger the anxiety. Relying mostly on carbs tends to fuel anger also, and impulsive actions.

Stay away from the junk foods, of course. They're just fats and carbs, not a healthy combination.

Ask your doctor for a good food list. Tape # 5 has some helpful info. also.

God bless and hugs

bmoore

Post by bmoore » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:36 am

I stay away from Milk products, because I consider my self lactose intollerant, along with sugar and caffiene

rakins07

Post by rakins07 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:51 pm

I just started week 5 today. I was supposed to start it yesterday but due to some emotional incidents I was in no condition to really concentrate on anything at all. I did try though. I have been exercising more and more. I just worked my way up to 37 minutes of yoga this afternoon.
I am amazed! at how much my diet affects me. I eat what I thought was healthy but I had no idea that grains were making so sleepy. Instead of ignoring my vegetables I literally FORCED myself to make a salad for lunch. It took me 15 min. at least to make a small bowl of salad, I was repulsed that much! Lol. But after I ate it I had this thought "oh my gosh, I actually did it."

Return to “Session 5 - Eat and Exercise to Minimize Anxiety and Depression”