Can I shorten this week

Did you know what you eat and drink dramatically affects how you feel? Learn how to calm yourself and feel more energetic through diet and exercise.
Sol

Post by Sol » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:28 am

I am just starting this session and wondering if I have to spend an entire week on it. I definitely will if suggested.

I've been to a Naturopath and she put me on a healthy diet for about 3 months. No sugar, coffee, wheat, dairy etc and it did not help my anxiety at all. I was taking fish oils and probiotics and all sorts of powders to make sure I was getting the right nutrients. I ate extremely healthy.

I am since off this diet but I do eat healthier than before this diet she put me on. Only 1 cup of coffee, no chocolate or sweets (salt freak anyway) and I try not to eat anything from a can.

I do have to work on exercising though...

I also do believe diet makes a difference but not on it's own unless it's extreme like drinking 10 cups of coffee a day.

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:09 am

Hi sol. I'm sure you've heard people say over and over on this site that you should do the program exactly as is stated in the workbook.

Take care. DeeDee.

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:46 am

I know that we are supposed to follow the program exactly but I did not spend a lot of time on the session about diet either. I am very knowlegable about my diet, they stress some much on weight and not being over weight.I have lost 13lbs since I started with my anxiety and depression. I exercise at least 5 times a week and walk or do the treadmill every day so I didn't feel that I needed to spend so much time on that one.

jenmelberg

Post by jenmelberg » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:51 am

Personally I felt the same way when I started the first CD. Do I really need to spend a whole week on this? I am, however, very glad I did. Each time I listened to the CD there where things I did not really hear the first time or even the second. Kind of like that great new drama movie. Each time you watch you get more. Also, through out the week I started to recognize from listening that I had a few more symptoms than I was really aware. This I felt was helpful to really recognize more of the symptoms I am living with.

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:56 pm

I agree with Doozy. Although I had already been exercising and in my mind "eating right", I still took the time to take a week on this session. Just listening to the group talk helped me to stay on track.

Just because you are not drinking gallons of coffee a day doesn't mean that your body isn't sensitive to even one cup a day. We tend to be sensitive people in more ways than one. I decided to go clean until I do not feel anxious any longer. Someone like me does not need to ingest stimulants.

Debbie

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:23 pm

I will spend the week on this session. Thanks for the input.

I can also at the same time practice my other new skills learned, hopefully they'll become second nature.

Working on zero expectations and under reacting... wow. I am/was such a drama queen.

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:42 am

You can do it, stay positive. I wish it would go away too. I'm missing out on all my favorite foods right now. I have 2 drink all this water, exercice, it's hectic. But i'm ALSO SURE IT'S FOR A GOOD CAUSE, SO STICK IN THERE 4 ME!!! :cool:

Return to “Session 5 - Eat and Exercise to Minimize Anxiety and Depression”