Trying to get back on track after the holidays

Did you know what you eat and drink dramatically affects how you feel? Learn how to calm yourself and feel more energetic through diet and exercise.
lucie

Post by lucie » Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:01 am

I really got off track over the last two weeks with the holidays. Had kicked caffeine and sugar, but fell back into the trap once again (still listened to relaxation tapes), but did not start the anger session. Should I continue on starting with the diet and exercise program week or start over completely? Anyone else loose track? Any suggestions???

BookOfPsalms

Post by BookOfPsalms » Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:48 am

Hi Lucie..

I lost track in the last week also. Even had a small cup of java which I hated for the last while, I use the program with my own feelings, once I feel I got the point about a session I continue on if not, I stay and work until I get it. When I lose track I normally go back to the one I was working on (review my session notes as a catch up) and continue from there.. or re-do the last one. I try and get the most out of each session even when I wonder. Props for being so good with the relaxation tape (ive been slacking on that too!) Keep me posted on your trials and tribulations!

Best wishes!
+Let The Word Do The Work!+

grammie

Post by grammie » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:11 am

Hi Folks,

I've gotten off track for the last several weeks too. Between a Holiday show then the Holidays themselves, the whole program took a back seat. What I kept trying to remind myself was that I started this program to get a handle on my stress and anxiety. Even though I had just started the program, I did learn enough to not beat myself up for taking a break. Key for me now is dedicating to myself to go back to being commited to it now that things have settled down.

NH Cat Lady

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:30 am

Hi there,
Thank you both for the great words of encouragement! I plan to start back up again in the same session, Maggie, your advice is appreciated. I also indulged in Starbucks and an occasional candy treat and totally noticed my increase in anxiety. The awareness helps...and now that I know it makes me feel worse, I don't feel that compelled to indulge anytime soon!
Lucie

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:31 am

Sorry Maeggie, mispelled your name in previous post, my apologies!

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:44 am

Hi both of you -

I had cut back on caffine (been using half caffinated half decaf beans), but not cut it out completely. (I get headaches if I stop it too fast.) I was really starting to feel a difference. I'm not quite ready to give up my evening cookie. ;)

During the holidays I had house guests that drank regular caffinated coffee, which I drank as well rather than making two pots of coffee. I could really tell that my body was no longer used to it, I got jittery, nervous, sad. Belive me - I'm back to the half and half!

Maeggie, I agree with your method as well! Stepping back to where I left off, I did that too. I was going to put in my previous post about viewing the program more as a self-pacing system - sounds like you do too. I really need to get back to the meditation tape. As with many of us, the holidays have left me in a funk. Time to get "back to work!"

NH Cat Lady

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:11 am

HI NH Lady!

Thanks for joining us! I am happy to hear that someone else feels as though it is an 'own pace' program (the emails from Lucinda are great but I am sooo behind the normal schedule!) I also had a slip up on the holidays and drank some coffee.. wowee it totally messed me up! shakes, sweats, depression.. all of it! couldnt believe it! almost like a hard drug to me! crazy! I did the half and half but enjoy complete decaf now!

Congrats ladies on continuing our journey!

Keep in touch!

Return to “Session 5 - Eat and Exercise to Minimize Anxiety and Depression”