Bloated..PLEASE HELP!!

Did you know what you eat and drink dramatically affects how you feel? Learn how to calm yourself and feel more energetic through diet and exercise.
Barb G.

Post by Barb G. » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:11 pm

I have been bloated almost a month. I can't understand this. It starts to go down,then I eat a meal and blow up again. I'm trying to stay away from salty foods and eat more salads or watermelon, cantelope. Are there certain foods that are natural diretics or certain ones to stay away from. I've never had this problem, at least not this long!! Please, help me. I'm miserable.

Barb G.

Post by Barb G. » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:12 pm

Yes, I'm drinking lots of water like always.

Holly J

Post by Holly J » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:36 pm

have you tried papaya/pineapple enzymes?? Also, try ginger too. You may have a food allergy to something too. good to drink lots of water!! And eat lots of FIBER!!!! Fiber is so good for bloating
"Come to me, all who are tired from carrying heavy loads, and I will give you rest. (Matthew 11:28)"

Barb G.

Post by Barb G. » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:36 pm

So what foods have lots of fiber?

little ol' me

Post by little ol' me » Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:02 am

I know it's been a long time since you posted your question, but I've been on a mission to find the "REAL" reason I'm so prone to mood swings and anxiety, etc. I have come across an amazing amount of evidence that connects food sensitivities to depression and anxiety. If you are bloating, you need to look into "leaky gut syndrome". It's highly possible that your body is experiencing a reaction to food that you are consuming and you can have an allergist and GI doctor help you sort it all out. It makes eating very difficult, but I am amazed at how many people have reported complete relief from anxiety and depression by cutting out their personal triggers. Gulten and dairy are common, but sometimes it is more subtle...my friend has triggers from mangos and peas! You never know, perhaps that's a key in your recovery? See healthnowmedical.com for more info.

Shifrah

Post by Shifrah » Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:29 pm

It sounds like either you are over-eating on fat or you are eating fats with carbohydrates and that is causing bloating. You may want to look into food combining which will ease digestion.

Hope that helps!

I just realized the OP is nearly a year old, but maybe my post will help someone else.
Shif.

If you don't like something change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it.

Nrose

Post by Nrose » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:14 pm

Barb, I used to have the same problem. What you can do is continue to drink lots of water, eat small meals with lots of veggies and fiber. Couple of things that help with bloating is drinking mint tea, eating pineapple, ginger tea or ginger, and yogart. Also, talk to your doc about getting your ovaries checked don't mean to scare you but it might be a sign of ovarian cancer.

Return to “Session 5 - Eat and Exercise to Minimize Anxiety and Depression”