caffeine addiction.

Did you know what you eat and drink dramatically affects how you feel? Learn how to calm yourself and feel more energetic through diet and exercise.
Michelle Holly

Post by Michelle Holly » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:51 am

Hi, I've written before about this but I thought I'd write again, since I really am struggling with caffeine addiction and I need help fast. I have too much caffeine. Today, I did okay. I had to cups of black tea. When I have too much caffeine I often get panick attacks, but it's so hard for me to stop. Is there anyone that is struggling like me and wants to join me in kicking the caffeine habit?
thank you,
- michelle

Tallboy

Post by Tallboy » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:06 am

I hear ya Michelle...I like you love my coffee. I think the whole idea is to try to cut down as much as possible....if possible.

Funny thing is, I just read an article in the newspaper that suggested that lots of coffee is actually good for your heart !!!! Go figure.

I do think, however, that excess amounts of caffeine don't mix too well with anxiety and I am seriously cutting back.

I tried decaf and while it lacks some of the flavour I find that it is better than nothing. I also heard that green tea is supposed to be good for you....perhaps I will try this as well.

jfromma34

Post by jfromma34 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:45 am

Hi Michelle,

I used to drink slot of soda all day every day, the doctor's told me I had to stop drinking it(unless it's caffeine free), I didn't put 2 and 2 together, because I was having such bad attacks and I didn't know why. I know it's very hard to stop drinking caffeine, but I stopped cold turkey, and let me tell you, I was having such a hard time when I stopped, but it got better slowly, I know it's going to take some time to cut out caffeine, but it really does make all the difference. I don't have many attacks anymore, thank goodness. Good Luck, and you can stop if you really put your mind to it.

Mary Wargo

Post by Mary Wargo » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:45 am

Hi guys - It took me a year to completely go off coffee. I had to gradually do it by going to half reg and half decaf, then all decaf, and then none. I still have my green tea and sometimes reg tea but it doesn't cause the anxiety that reg coffee did. Doing it cold turkey was hard for me but I know some people have done that. Good luck. It can be done - I never thought I could go without my morning coffee but I did.

Return to “Session 5 - Eat and Exercise to Minimize Anxiety and Depression”