fitness challenge

Did you know what you eat and drink dramatically affects how you feel? Learn how to calm yourself and feel more energetic through diet and exercise.
Mom of 6

Post by Mom of 6 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:02 am

I've never done this before, but here it is. I think it would be great for me, as well as others to start a fitness challenge.(?) Is anyone up for that? The new year is coming up and I know that one of my goals for the new year is to really get my physical health in order. I DO believe that Depression can be eleviated through exercise. I'm just suggesting it because I' not an expert in fitness so if there is anyone out there that can suggest a routine or just how to get started, that would be WONDERFUL!!! This could be a FUN thing to do.. How about it????
"O God, you are my God. Earnestly I seek you;my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water. I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory. Because your love is BETTER than life,my lips will glorify you. I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name, I will lift up my hands." Psalms 63

Breaking the Clouds

Post by Breaking the Clouds » Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:17 am

What I have done is made a chart for exercising. I walk/run by myself because I enjoy the time alone and a time to self-talk and just reflect on all that is on my side. The chart is good for several weeks and I just write in how much time I spent exercising and seeing that I have done it, inspires me.

Karilynn

Post by Karilynn » Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:45 am

I am definitely in. I need to start exercising really badly!
hugs&kisses,
Karilynn

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
Frank Herbert

"How you climb up the mountain is just as important as how you get down the mountain. And, so it is with life, which for many of us becomes one big test followed by one big lesson. In the end, it all comes down to one word: grace. It's how you accept winning and losing, good luck and bad luck, darkness and the light."

Mom of 6

Post by Mom of 6 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:37 am

Oh that's GREAT! I was hoping someone would reply to this fairly quick :D I just started Pilates at home (a video I purchased a couple of YEARS ago :roll:) I've done it three days in a row and am so proud of myself!!! I'm NOT consistant when it comes to aerobics, etc. So I thought if I had someone or a few people doing this, it would challange me to sticking with it! Just like this program in whole :)So I don't have a CLUE on how to start, but Breaking clouds suggestion is a good start. I do my routine at 12:30 pm while the babies are napping, it seems to work for me. I am considering joining a gym for strength training, but this all depends on how their contract works..I dont want to be stuck in the event that I need to move, etc. (my life seems to work that way:) Anyway, I'm excited! and thanks! Anyone else?????
Robin
"O God, you are my God. Earnestly I seek you;my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water. I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory. Because your love is BETTER than life,my lips will glorify you. I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name, I will lift up my hands." Psalms 63

Mom of 6

Post by Mom of 6 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:47 am

Breaking the clouds, first of all Thankyou for your response, I have NOT a clue on how to start this off, so your imput was greatly taken :)How often do you walk or run? I'm assuming everyday? and for how long? Miles, etc.??? I would like to get out a bit more and admire the creation or just for the fresh air.(that doesen't happen much anymore:)
Robin

Vegasmomof4

Post by Vegasmomof4 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:49 am

My mil just bought me a membership to the gym. I went today and had an app. with a trainer. My problem is I am scared to exercise. I have health anxiety and my biggest fear is a heart attack. So, going to the gym for me is an anxiety producer. I made it threw my session, and did o.k. (boy she worked my butt off) I didn't have much anxiety then but i sure do know. I know the only way to get over this heart thing is to keep going. So, count me in I need a push as well.

TL7

Post by TL7 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:09 am

I just started walking a week ago so count me in! I walk a mile (or have been thus far) 5 days a week...I take Wed and Fri off because of other things I do on those nights. I do that walk video thing but I do it from on Demand on TV so I only get about a week of one and then I have to find another. Seems to help me out a lot because I don't get bored. :)
"If you want it, you got it... you just have to believe....believe in yourself" Lenny Kravitz

chatterbox

Post by chatterbox » Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:19 am

This is a great idea mom!!! Count me in :)!!! Running for me is a great release for depression but I would definitly love to have some people in my corner to help me thru this! TC Karen
TO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED OR DEPRESSED :)

dawfai

Post by dawfai » Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:11 pm

:)This sounds like so much fun!!I am excited count me in!!

Mom of 6

Post by Mom of 6 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:20 pm

Okay :) Now that we've got this going, where do we start? I think it would be good to share with eachother our progresses and/or what works for each individual. perhaps checking in each day (time allowed) and sharing our progress for the day! This gives each of us a chance to see what others are doing and giving eachother that well deserved high five for our accomplishments. I personally need that kind of motivation right now and what better place??? We should all go at our own pace, where everyone is welcome. This isn't a competition, but a challenge for motivation and feeling good about ourselves. Best wishes and God bless ALL of you!

Return to “Session 5 - Eat and Exercise to Minimize Anxiety and Depression”