I'm in week 5 and don't know exactly what to do

Did you know what you eat and drink dramatically affects how you feel? Learn how to calm yourself and feel more energetic through diet and exercise.
ema526

Post by ema526 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:51 am

Hi. Currently on session 5 and have a question. How do I curve the surgar and chocolate during the period week? I hve cur down on smoking considerably so I am proud of that.
e.

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:44 am

Well, for me, because I'm beginning to eat meals with protein in them my sugar craving is less.

I have indulged in a pumpkin pie or candy bar, but only after I have had a good small meal that is healthy. Meals w/ chicken, lean beef, fish, beans, eggs, can help curb the need for sweets. It is after I take my Remeron at night is when I really desire a treat, but if I eat a good meal first, the desire is less.

I do treat myself to a chocolate ice cream cone that Nestle's makes, but only one. I also eat almonds and walnuts. Get some exercise as well. I am needing to do more of that now that the weather is snowy outside.

I try to walk around in my house in circles to get some sort of aerobic action in. Not near the amount I need to burn up a lot of calories, but enough to make me feel a bit better.

Congratulations on your smoking cut back! :)

ema526

Post by ema526 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:00 am

I'm so glad for ur support paislee. Also for your exercise.try for 3 days a week for half an hour. U will feel a world of difference. Of course the
housework is also a workout I dare say with my two little tornadoes sometimes it looks like I haven't done a thing. I still have to have a sweet here and there but only because of blood sugar being so low.
e.

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:20 pm

Hi ema, yep, it helps me to have the sweet here and there. I'm just cutting back on what was a habit or could get away with and that was having hot chocolate with whipping cream in it. Or chocolate ice cream w/ marashino cherries, chopped nuts, and whipping cream, plus the healthy part, a banana! :D

So now that I'm a year older and wiser, and doing less during this month. I really am going to cut back on my sweets and work out. Even if it is step aerobics w/ my step or use my stairs.

Also, I find that walking around a store helps. I guess as long as I don't get crazy w/ spending money or have it be a stressor. P.

ema526

Post by ema526 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:21 pm

hi paislee,
u know what i found to be a terrific snack? frozen marshmallows. no fat and if u like something cool, it takes care of that too. no guilt.
i was pretty nervous and anxious today. its confusing when u r told one thing and the person's mind quickly changes to another when they r the ones that told you they wanted something in the first place. it really bothered me for some of the day, but later i was fine because i cant please anyone nor do i try. only myself
e.

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:28 pm

Hi Ema, thanks on the marshmallow tip. I would be concerned over the sugar content in the marshmallow. :p :D I was thinking of making rice crispy treats, figuring they would be much healthier than the store bought ones with preservatives and other additives. Then I thought of the marshmallow sugar content. I know, this is my anxiety, but I'm older now, and I can't burn the calories like I use to. Ugh. :roll:

What person's mind keeps changing, adults or your children?

I had a stressful conversation w/DD single and over 28. She has a lot of anxiety herself, but doesn't quite recognize it as a problem. She is very headstrong and sensitive. So when I even ask her simple question, because us sensitive analytical people that we are has to understand what the other person is saying.

She starts to get her hackles up or defenses and it is like walking on eggshells around her.

I know that we are going need a lot of counseling together or I'm really going to learn how to relax and don't let her reactions affect me so much. Then I'll be able to stand up for myself "calmly" and state my reason for my questions. They aren't unreasonable questions, she is just on guard and sensitive to my questions right now.

I'm telling ya, Man, do I have so much work to do! Yikes! :eek: So many hurt feelings to get over between my children and me. They have so much hurt that wasn't intentional. I only have so much control over my own circumstances and the loss of their brother has really affected our family.

I'm glad you were able to tell yourself that you can't please everyone, that definitely will make you crazy! :D That is our number one goal here is you can only do so much, but you have to protect yourself. Good Job, Ema! :) Paislee

ema526

Post by ema526 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:18 am

couldn't really sleep. holidays r having me a little uptight, with completing one program in design where i have to sew a garment along with a final exam book, having to get ready to start school in january online, filling orders for people for the holidays and doing my own baking for the holidays. i dont even remember when i started and restarted the program and which peer group i am supposed to be in? i dont know where to start.
e.

ema526

Post by ema526 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:58 am

paislee,
in answer to your question it is the adult that confuses me sometimes. he works midnights so the naps r here and there. i know what that is like having worked them myself, no longer now. whether to wake him up or not when it is a simple cup of tea he asks for can be confusing when he is the one who wanted to be woken in the first place and now doesn't. there has been plenty of confusion for the past 3 years.
e.

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:23 am

That has happened w/DH when he would fall asleep on the floor or couch and I wake him up to go to bed. I finally learned it wasn't worth waking him up, if he got enough sleep then eventually he is going to get uncomfortable and go to the bedroom to sleep.

I feel for you with your final assignments you have to get done. I went back to college when I had children and finals finished up it seemed on Dec 23rd and then I had a big road trip to take to go home for the Christmas.

ema526

Post by ema526 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:21 am

Hi paislee,
Lately t has been sleeping on the couch and sometimes to bed. I keep vigil of course. I'm just a little disappointed with all that has happened and I fear that all that has been planned will not come to fruition. I don't know I have some suspicions.
e.

Return to “Session 5 - Eat and Exercise to Minimize Anxiety and Depression”