I'm in week 5 and don't know exactly what to do

Did you know what you eat and drink dramatically affects how you feel? Learn how to calm yourself and feel more energetic through diet and exercise.
Jan82

Post by Jan82 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:54 pm

I'm in week 5 and I still find my self avoiding things and places. I have done some what of a progress, but I don't know if it's ocd to want to go back and "master" the lessons or keep on going forward? any suggestions? for the most part I try to eat healthy and exercise at least 5 times a week. Have been for around 3 years.

Gisette

Post by Gisette » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:54 pm

Jan - I went ahead and simply read this session and moved on to the next. Like you, I exercise, and eat as well as I'm willing to. Eat better when the weather warms and I'm harvesting veggies from my garden. Cut back on caffeine and sugar earlier in the program. Started logging food choices with the previous session, and still doing it - helps me lose weight and eat less junk if I write down what I eat.

Enough of that - moved on to Session 6.

horsebabs

Post by horsebabs » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:24 am

I am feeling the same way. I am not a horrible eater and I do exercise on a very regular basis already before I got to week 5. The one thing I have been doing more of is eating more fruit instead of chocolate. I have been having more troubles this week with anxiety/depression. Not sure why. I will be moving on to the next week tomorrow. Everyone just keep working on.

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:56 am

I have started to prepare some healthy foods that I can easily heat up in the microwave. They are high in protein and are satisfying. I'm on babysteps with this, so to even be cooking for myself is an amazing accomplishment! I even offer to cook some scrambled or sunny side up eggs for DH, even offered hot chocolate, but I put less Nestle's in mine and less whipping cream.

Which in the past I would be all over it! :D
I even threw out part of my chocolate mile and went for some water. Never would have done that before, but then I didn't have panic attacks before either! :)

creamcheesepuff

Post by creamcheesepuff » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:21 pm

I dont know if this will relate to most people on this site, but I definitely notice a change in my feeling better physically not eating all the nasty foods, I force myself to eat Salmon , I declare 2 days out of the week as Veggie days....no meat or relations to at all on that plate!! I go yolkless with eggs with my scrambled. I try to eat alkaline foods such as maple syrup, tarragon for seasoning, and others to de-acid my system. If you do it slowly you will enjoy eating healthy and feel better also. When spring arrives frequent the farmers markets and support our own home grown foods!!! ITs wonderful.

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:26 pm

I was wondering about the yolkless, because Dr OZ suggest it for the good fats. Didn't know that about maple syrup, that's a whole new word term for me. :D I love Salmon, but have been just eating Tuna lately. So I guess I will have to switch it up. Thanks Cream Cheese Puff. Paislee
I love Creamcheesepuffs! ;)

ema526

Post by ema526 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:18 pm

currently on session 5 now. trying to drink more water, since my tell tale sign are my ankles swelling alittle and hurting. what do i do about the sweets, since i am borderline hypoglycemic, i do have to have something with me at all times. is trail mix better? i have mixed my own.
e.

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:44 am

That's great that you mix your own. I notice that other trail mixes do have salt in them.

ema526

Post by ema526 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:50 pm

hey paisleegreen,,
thanks for your response. that kind of support is greatly appreciated. the holiday went off as a peaceful one. i mean it was really quiet and even the confidence in cooking was evident. i didnt feel like i had to please anyone else and only my children and fiance appreciated my efforts.i dare say it was the first holiday without tension.
e.

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:49 am

Hi Ema, I'm so glad your holiday was peaceful. There was a bit of tension at mine, but I managed okay considering. We did eat out, but at a place that was below par. Meaning, I knew the place was a diner type eating establishment, but didn't know it was going to be, to me, as bad as it was. I just felt uncomfortable while there. The food, I could tell, had lots of grease in everything or oils. I ate mainly some white turkey and some salad. We served ourselves, but it didn't look, sanitary, :eek: maybe it was to some people.

But not the finest diners are going to eat here. My DD and I were sort of dressed up, because we were going to got look at festive Christmas Trees after w/ DS and DH. They weren't willing participants, even I was hesitant about the Tree thing. Just because it was freezing outside! Brr..!

So as I watched the others eat their food and the dessert which they shared. I just couldn't do it! Ick! I knew the turkey meat would make me feel better and I had milk as well. A little bit of potato, but the yams and sweet potatoes looked like they were swimming in oil.
The gravy looked very greasy too!

I wanted to get moving and out on the highway to the next adventure where I knew conditions were clean and bright. People pay to see these decorated trees. I got the easy aerobic exercise walking around the warm building looking at the fun trees and happy people.

DS and DH eventually got tired and sat while DD and I looked at the rest of the decor. Then we came home and settled down. I was a little hungry and ended up with tuna on toast which I had prepared earlier.

I need to buy some shelled almonds, yogurt, some fresh fruit and some more lean ground beef. I'm cooking some chicken breast w/ onions to eventually make chicken soup of some sort.
I want to keep my weight down and feel better. Otherwise the sweet will be tempting and I can't exercise outside as I would like.

I will have start going to the health club for some good aerobic activity. It is too cold right now. Brr... Paislee :)

Return to “Session 5 - Eat and Exercise to Minimize Anxiety and Depression”