V8 and Good Days Vitamins and WORK OUT Everyday?

Did you know what you eat and drink dramatically affects how you feel? Learn how to calm yourself and feel more energetic through diet and exercise.
mlrb

Post by mlrb » Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:01 pm

Hello, I'm on session 5 now, wow, how time flies! I kind of skipped session 4, but shouldn't have, but felt I needed to move to this session since I have a problem with eating really bad. I want to know if anyone out there is drinking V8? I am drinking the one with low sodium. Does anyone know if V8 is really good for them and does it take the place of raw vegetables? Also, anyone out there taking the Good Days Vitamins? I'm on my first week taking them, I have no side effects at all. The first 3 or 4 days, I thought I had side effects, but you know us, it was probably all in my head. Now I don't notice anything and am not afraid to take them. Before, I would not even dare take anything, not even a vitamin, but I am taking them everyday now. I hope they start to work with the depression.

And one last question....
Lucinda mentions in the session, that we should work out everyday. That actually makes me feel better for some reason because I didn't want to over do it. Sounds weird, I know, lol

So if anyone can answer me some of those questions, I would appreciate it.

Melanie
Last edited by mlrb on Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

*Francesca*

Post by *Francesca* » Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:11 am

What side effects did you have?

Dana Gann

Post by Dana Gann » Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:20 am

Hi MLRB,

I drink the low sodium V-8 as well, because salt can be a stimulant. I would think that it would count as a vegetable serving. I always drink a glass everyday, since I don't always get in all the vegetables I need.

I also take the supplements, and have for about 3 months now. I never had any bad effects from them. They just give me a subtle feeling of well being. I have a tendency to only eat once a day, if that. Since I've been on the supplements I feel more energy, and I actually eat a more regular diet (wake up hungry every morning). Feel healthier now.
Dana

Barb G.

Post by Barb G. » Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:00 am

mlrb, Actually the V-8 is a good reminder for me and I thank you for that. Working at a bakery is very hard and I give in to sugar over and over. I suffer greatly for it. I will get some V-8 and take it to work now. I had the low sodium but prefer the other kind. If salt is a stimulant as you say Dana maybe that's another problem for me, as I like salt. Don't overdue but often crave sugar/salt. The Good Day Vitamins worked for me for quite a while. I guess I quit mainly because of the bright yellow urine and often staining my underwear.It was less expensive than what I'm on now and maybe I should consider going back to them. You are doing great mlrb for wanting to exercise. I am not consistent at all with it and once again I need to get back on track. I hope this helped you some but mostly I think you helped me.

deedee00

Post by deedee00 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:27 am

mlrb, V8 juice should not take the place of vegetables. v8 is vegetable juice. It has no fiber. Fiber is a must for a healthy colon and a healthy colon is a must for good health. Doctors say that disease and ailments start in the colon because you have to clean out the old food so that it wont rot and cause more health problems for you. Eat veggies but when you can't then drink v8.

Also, the program tells you not to skip around to whatever chapter you want because it says that if you haven't learned chapter 4 well there's no way you will do your best on the rest of the chapters. You have to get a "good grip" on the first one in order to master the next; they go hand-in-hand.

I've been through the program twice. The first time I skipped around and I didn't get what I should have from the program- even though I thought I did.

Take care.
DeeDee

Sheils75

Post by Sheils75 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:03 am

DeeDee,
Did you find that the second time was the charm? I got through most of the program (up until session 12), but feel like I need to start over because I slacked off a lot after the 7th session or so. Life just got really busy for me and I was feeling good from the program, but now I feel like I have back slided. I'm hoping doing it a second time from the beginning will be what I need to really make changes...

deedee00

Post by deedee00 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:26 am

Hi Sheils75. I do feel like the second time was the charm. I was just like you I slacked off when life got a little busy for me too. I thought that I was doing great until problems started to arise and I couldn't handle them.

The second time was great for me because I noticed a lot of things the second time that I hadn't noticed the first time. I learned so much. Now when things happen I feel strong and I know deep down inside that I can handle problems.I'm not as scared anymore.

You are going to do great, just wait and see !!!!

Take care.
DeeDee.

Sheils75

Post by Sheils75 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:06 am

That's great to hear! Thanks so much DeeDee!

Dodger

Post by Dodger » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:35 am

It took me a week of staring at that box of vitamins till I got the courage to take them...I have such problems with change. But I took them yesturday and so far no problems.....I told myself that I trust Lucinda I think she is my savior so if she says its a good thing than it must be!

I dont drink V8 juice...but I do drink the ensure nutritional supplement drinks when I feel I didnt get the proper meal in...and sometimes I find it to be a healthy alternative to a snack.

This is my second time with the program. I bought it years ago in cassette form when my life was horrible. I was so badly plagued with anxiety I was stone cold in fear 100% of the time. The program has helped me in so many ways...and although great improvements were made I still feel there is much work to be done so I am back and doing the cd version now. My hope is to one day be rid of the anxiety that grips me.....I will be....because I want it that bad!

deedee00

Post by deedee00 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:27 pm

Hi Dodger. I know you are going to be fine because you want it so much and you are going to do whatever it takes. Prayer and a lot of work on the program is what worked for me.

Pray. It works.
Take care.
DeeDee.

Return to “Session 5 - Eat and Exercise to Minimize Anxiety and Depression”