Depression and Anxiety

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
RAA

Post by RAA » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:56 pm

Hi I am new. I have depression, Anxiety and suicidal thoughts. Today I am so depressed that I do not even feel like going to the bathroom. Any Suggestions

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:22 pm

Thanks. has anyone who has depression ever wet themself before? Is this Common?

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:06 am

Hi RAA,
Are you seeing a professional for your depression and suicidal thoughts? When I was severely depressed years ago, I just cried all day long and felt that life was not worth living. I felt like I had a 'gift' that I knew these things that others didn't, like they were fooling themselves into thinking life was grand.
It was truly awful. I was a teen and lived with my parents (had just graduated high school) so I was able to stay at their home, but I had to drag myself to do anything.

I came out of it and realized that I was the one being 'fooled' in depression. Life is worth living, people are worth loving and I was worth it.

If you aren't seeing a professional, please call someone now. Suicidal thoughts are nothing to play with, you may be able to be helped with a medication or CBT.

Take care,
Ocean

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:52 am

ive been constantly suffering from anexity it never seems to go away all i ever want to do is sleep i feel like i am a waste of a life sometimes im sitting here hating every second while others are so much more deserving why if theres such a great god would he put so many through this its almost to the point where its unbearable!!

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:08 am

Savannah,
Hon, I'm so sorry that you are going through this. Depression is awful. I felt the same way as you...why would God allow this? When I was like that, I could help anyone else, I wasn't even living, just trying to get through the pain of each day. I remember reading a book on depression and someone suggested that it was like they were overflowing with sadness and they would cry and cry and feel like the would just overflowing with sadness.

I remember feeling bitter when others would nonchalantly say, "I'm so depressed, I have nothing fun to do today." Or my brother who had broken up with his girlfriend and he was sad and sad he was depressed (it had happened one day before). They have NO IDEA what true depression is. With mine, there was no reason for it, for my brother, he was just bummed, if he could have had his gf back, he would have been fine again. There was nothing to help me, no one to help me. I felt extremely alone all of the time. I remember my sister's dog laying down by me as I crumpled to the kitchen floor and just bawled and bawled for what seemed like hours.

I thought that I would never feel better again. I slowly improved (without meds, although I don't discount their effectiveness), but I was depressed for about 2 years of my life. I've never been quite the same person as I was before, never as happy go lucky, never as excited as I used to get before the depression, but I no longer feel suicidal and I see value in life and I truly feel for those in a deep depression. I wish my parents had realized that I was depressed and gotten help for me, I probably would have gotten better sooner. They were more focused on my 'mystery disease' with it's strange symptoms (turned out to be Lyme Disease, not sure if it also caused the depression or not).

Anyhow, take care and even though it feels like you will never climb out of depression, there IS hope. I never thought I would smile again, never look forward to anything again, but I do now (even though I have anxiety, depression was a more awful thing for me).

Take care,
Ocean