How to Defuse Negative Thoughts Related to Depression

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
Charlie Brown

Post by Charlie Brown » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:12 am

Here is an excellent, excellent article from webMD about combating depressive negative thinking with CBT.

http://www.webmd.com/depressio...y?ecd=wnl_emw_120909

Russ K

Post by Russ K » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:24 am

Charlie Brown,

Thanks a lot for the post. An excellent article I'll be sure to print and use as a valuable resource. You posted a similar article a while back that I use all the time as well. It's been a great help. Keep 'em coming, good stuff!

Take Care
`

Charlie Brown

Post by Charlie Brown » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:55 pm

Thanks for your thanks. :) Glad I could help you now and before! I get the articles sent to my email from webMD.

This article I found helpful especially for myself. My depression is mild and less frequent but when it occurs, negative thinking is a major factor.

All the best to you, Russ K! ;)

manofmusic

Post by manofmusic » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:08 pm

Good article Chuck ! I'm printing it out as well.

By the way.....from our last discussion....I got the College course book in the mail today. It has all of the night school courses and certificate and diploma programs available. I have until January 18th to sign up. It looks like things are lookin' up !

Charlie Brown

Post by Charlie Brown » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:41 pm

Man o'man! ;)

Glad the article helps.

That is so awesome about the courses and school! I am guessing they are business courses. I am truly happy things are looking great for you! You deserve it.

JR5

Post by JR5 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:41 am

Originally posted by Charlie Brown:
Here is an excellent, excellent article from webMD about combating depressive negative thinking with CBT.

Thanks for posting this! I got better using the CBT exercises the TEA form and counter exercise in the CBT book by Sam Obitz and it has been life changing for me. CBT seemed to basic to really help someone like me with severe anxiety and depression but I can tell you if you dedicate yourself to doing the exercises you will get relief pretty fast and certainly a lot faster than you ever thought you could. Med free too!

Charlie Brown

Post by Charlie Brown » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:16 am

Originally posted by JR5:
Originally posted by Charlie Brown:

Thanks for posting this! I got better using the CBT exercises the TEA form and counter exercise in the CBT book by Sam Obitz and it has been life changing for me. CBT seemed to basic to really help someone like me with severe anxiety and depression but I can tell you if you dedicate yourself to doing the exercises you will get relief pretty fast and certainly a lot faster than you ever thought you could. Med free too!
Congrats, especailly going med free! Also, you mentioned a key element in recovery: dedication.

You rock, JRS!

JR5

Post by JR5 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:57 am

Thanks for making my day with that post!
You rock too :)

Arlenez

Post by Arlenez » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:31 pm

Thanks JR5 for sharing and great job! The TEA forms have become a staple in my daily life and helped me so much too. I no longer have to take meds and deal with their yucky side effects and it feels great!!!

WW

Post by WW » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:01 am

Totally agree that combating your negative thoughts is the road to success. My therapist recommended I get the CBT book by Sam Obitz and do the TEA form exercise in it several years ago and I didn't follow through until someone posted on here about their success with them. About three years ago I got the book and started doing them and my life has completely turned around.