How to Defuse Negative Thoughts Related to Depression

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
MrCleveland

Post by MrCleveland » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:19 am

I could use this since I feel very unhappy a lot....

reema76

Post by reema76 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:39 am

Originally posted by Arlenez:
Thanks JR5 for sharing and great job! The TEA forms have become a staple in my daily life and helped me so much too. I no longer have to take meds and deal with their yucky side effects and it feels great!!!

hello, can you please tell me about the CBT bk by sam obitz, and these tea sheets. how are you doing? started the program again, going through a health situation, and my thoughts are trying to get the best of me...just wanna get back to my happy, and not being afraid of my thoughts!!

reema76

Post by reema76 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:42 am

Originally posted by Paisleegreen:
Hey, great article! CBT worked for me when I used the worksheets in Dr David Burns Mood Therapy books. It is after I went off my anti-depressants and had a huge stressor that caused the panic attack. I'm doing much better since then and this really helps as a reminder to practice those workbook exercises.

in need of some assistance. going through a medical situation currently, and my thoughts are trying to get the best of me. i now that i can conquer this, i just want now to be the time. i know that with patience,and practice...i will learn these skills again. thank for your help :)

egriff

Re:

Post by egriff » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:16 pm

reema76 wrote:
Originally posted by Arlenez:
Thanks JR5 for sharing and great job! The TEA forms have become a staple in my daily life and helped me so much too. I no longer have to take meds and deal with their yucky side effects and it feels great!!!

hello, can you please tell me about the CBT bk by sam obitz, and these tea sheets. how are you doing? started the program again, going through a health situation, and my thoughts are trying to get the best of me...just wanna get back to my happy, and not being afraid of my thoughts!!
Hi reema :)
I finally found my way back to the boards and just saw your post. What do you want to know about the CBT book by sam obitz and the TEA form exercise? They have worked wonders for me and got me off all meds and I feel better than ever. I still do them a few minutes each day as that is what I was told is the key to long term med free success. The book is really simplified and easy to understand. I liked that it was written by someone who had gone through what I was stuck in at the time I was reading it and gave me a path out with just a few exercises. You can read more about it on the book's website www.tao3.com

Let me know if you have other questions?

lilchrissy

Re: How to Defuse Negative Thoughts Related to Depression

Post by lilchrissy » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:24 pm

Reema76,
I never got a post notification so sorry I didn't see your note and reply to you. Thanks egrif for posting the info.
Reema let me know if you have any other questions and again I am sorry for being so late in responding to you :oops:

sjhoiuy

Post by sjhoiuy » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:45 am

Thanks guy for this factual information to procure me when i was alone and i also thought negative aspect so it will definitely curable.
------------------
Dunwoody GA Chiropractor

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:14 pm

Hi Reema, How are you doing these days? Paislee

lilchrissy

Post by lilchrissy » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:17 pm

Paisleegreen wrote:Hi Reema, How are you doing these days? Paislee
Reema please give us an update. Again I am so sorry I didn't get back to you in a more timely manner :cry:

egriff

Post by egriff » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:55 pm

sjhoiuy wrote:Thanks guy for this factual information to procure me when i was alone and i also thought negative aspect so it will definitely curable.
------------------
Dunwoody GA Chiropractor
You're most welcome :D

lilchrissy

Post by lilchrissy » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:25 pm

Rheema I hope you have not given up on this site :? I am so sorry my reply was so latent.