Hate this feeling

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
Taylor42

Hate this feeling

Post by Taylor42 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:09 pm

Hello,
I don't really know what to write about. I just know this feeling of anxiety and depression are controlling my life. Everyday I don't want to get out of bed. Every little thing I do is like pulling teeth. I am going to try and do the full program again for the third time. I really hope it will ease this pain. I havnt worked for almost a year now and I'm still right where I was. I feel so alone all the time and scared that im going to get worse. I just want people to talk to and for me to know that im not the only one. Im barely getting by and I cry allll the time. Just want some relief and maybe some advice or just someone to say it will be okay.
Tay

coachchris

Re: Hate this feeling

Post by coachchris » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:45 pm

Hi Taylor,

Can you join us Monday evenings at 8 pm EDT?
We are trying to get a chat group started and would love to have you.

CC :D

JacobJonik

Post by JacobJonik » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:59 pm

Hey Taylor42, I know how you feel as well as a lot of us do, so believe me I'll do my best to be on here and support you and others alike. Last year I started the program and made it to the fifth session and thought I was good to go, but it all came back for reasons that would take a novel to explain haha. What I thought is funny though is I was good for a bit until I allowed those thoughts and feelings to come back and ya know what, the little info I actually retained from this would help me calm down at times but I would never put effort towards kicking the negative thought out of my head and would let it stay there and then would start the process of heavy breathing and what I've just been calling "internal thinking". Here I am starting over again and i realize that that was what I forgot was not giving into the negative thoughts and letting them run me instead of projecting my thoughts outward instead of thinking what's going on inside my thoughts and body, which is just all the self made lie I am giving myself haha. So I hope you see this and as long as I stick with the program, let's talk with each other and maybe we can help each other get through it again and make it a for good thing.

Bryce_in_TX

Post by Bryce_in_TX » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:20 am

Hey Taylor42. I am sorry for how you have been feeling. I was where you are now in 1997 to 1999. I lost a job in 1997 because I couldn't function well enough to keep it. My sleep cycle was messed up really bad. No drinking or drugs, just depression.

There were days I stayed in bed and never got out of bed. I wanted someone to talk to and understand what I was experiencing and going through, but no one could understand me, not even my spouse. At times I was suicidal. I felt so worthless and empty inside. What I didn't know until I got better was that I was in a deep depression.

I was praying and asking, pleading at times, for God's help. There was one day I remember that I prayed and the next day I was hunting for city high school basketball results from the night before in the local newspaper, when I saw a full page ad for StressCenter's program. I didn't know what to think, whether I should call and order the program or what. Our financial situation wasn't good but they let me pay for the program on credit over 6 months. I had fits and starts with the program but worked with it for about 5 years. In 2002 I came to this forum and met some people who became good friends.

Because of the program I got a lot better and came out of that deep depression.

I want you to know there are people who understand and have empathy for you. You can get a lot better. You can get so much better than you can enter the work force again if that is a goal of yours.

I encourage you to listen to the tapes in order and to use the work book. Listen to the relaxation tape daily. Getting Dr. Burns' book "the Feeling Good Handbook" may be of benefit also. It's a map of what Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) is. CBT is what the Stress Program is based upon. You are special and unique. Be kind to yourself and start your journey to get better. Yes, Taylor, you have worth, God given worth. You deserve to get better. You really do. I wish you peace, that your emotions would stabilize and that your mood would greatly improve. Let us know how you're doing.
"Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster man, but sooner or later the man who wins is the one who thinks he can."

Napoleon Hill

Asia1978

Post by Asia1978 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:04 pm

I also would like to join the chats on Monday I’m in Texas so the time might be a slight different

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:41 pm

I hope you can all join the chat! Set a reminder:) Monday 8 pm EASTERN TIME 8-)

katieshrp@yahoo.com

Post by katieshrp@yahoo.com » Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:05 pm

Does the group on Mondays at 8 pm still happen?