Just sharing

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
Stephanie972

Just sharing

Post by Stephanie972 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:37 pm

Hi,

I'm about halfway into my 2nd week in the program. As I've mentioned before, this is my third time through. I'm glad to be in the program again.

I'm posting in "Depression" because I'm feeling down. I don't remember when or how the program addresses feelings and triggers of depression. It's been about 6 years since I last went through the program.

Is anyone else going through this? Meaning, are you working through the program and having feelings of depression?

I know we are supposed to journal about feelings or episodes of anxiety. I don't really get anxiety unless I leave the house or if someone stops by to visit me or my family.

I don't feel depressed as often as I used to. There are still some things that trigger the old feelings of it in me. Like now. At least I'm aware of it, of how I'm feeling and not making it worse by blaming my husband or kids, although I'm feeling really irritable and just wish they'd all leave me alone. I know these down feelings will pass soon.

What are some ways the program suggests for getting through depression? We have the card and steps for panic attacks, but what about mild bouts of depression?

Is there anything that's helped anyone who still visits this forum?

I'm trying to stay positive and focus on things that I'm grateful for. I'm reading motivational books. I'm resting when I'm tired and getting a little more exercise and having fun with my kids when I can. I'm drinking more water and paying more attention to my diet. My husband is being great and is trying to understand that I feel sad and I don't even know why.