Does anyone have bipolar disorder not just depression?

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
katie3

Does anyone have bipolar disorder not just depression?

Post by katie3 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:01 pm

I have had bouts of depression but I also have had bouts of mania since 1993 and would like to get other people's experiences with their bipolar disorder.

Kelseystar

Re: Does anyone have bipolar disorder not just depression?

Post by Kelseystar » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:41 pm

Hello,
I have personally not been diagnosed with bipolar disorder. However, a lot of the times I feel this way. I diagnosed myself with it or a minor version of this, but after meeting with many counselors, talking to many doctors, they don't think I have it. I experience many mood swings. Sometimes I am happy but then something random will cause a panic attack. After the panic attack is done sometimes I get giggly. It is up and down a lot of the times. I have also noticed a lot of the times my mood swings are based on my relationships with my boyfriend at that time. I get mad at whoever it is very easily cause fights then enjoy making up after. It's a constant cycle and I have linked that with bipolar disorder. I would love to hear your thoughts or anyone else's thoughts on bipolar and if my symptoms seem like it matches. Hope this all makes since thanks!