Deep in the funk.

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
missgsr

Deep in the funk.

Post by missgsr » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:44 pm

Feeling so depressed today; not even sure what to write here. I feel stuck and overwhelmed with life. So scared of what tomorrow will bring...or not bring. All I want to do is go to sleep. Sometimes I feel convinced that my life will end in suicide one day because I can't imagine being able to make it all the way until my natural death. I'm so sick of my job but feel so overwhelmed at the thought of looking for a new one. I'm not happy with my career but feel overwhelmed at the thought of trying to make it through night school to get my degree. I live with my mother right now and feel overwhelmed at the thought of being able to find a place and afford living on my own again (rent is ridiculous where I live). I love my boyfriend to pieces but sexual issues from when I was a little girl prevents me from being able to be intimate with him. I feel like a useless, sorry excuse for a girlfriend. We haven't even had sex this year. I'm on anti-anxiety/anti-depression meds but they seem to be fizzling out over time. I guess that's what they all do...fizzle out over time. I'm only 34 and the thought of having to live another 1.5x the length of time I've already been on this earth seems like an impossible task. My motivation is little to none...I just want to go to sleep to escape the sadness I feel.

I guess I just needed to vent somewhere but don't want to burden the ones I love. I feel like I put them through enough having to deal with me. Thank you for listening.

hope11

Re: Deep in the funk.

Post by hope11 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:39 am

Sorry you are feeling so down today but look up. Things will get better. Please be sure to read my reply to your post about suicide. You are an inspiration so be proud of yourself and feel good about your life. Life isn't always easy but is a gift from God so don't waste it. Keep on trying to find the good things and not dwell on the bad. Have a great day!

Honeybee7

Re: Deep in the funk.

Post by Honeybee7 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:27 pm

I know this post is old but I hope you are feeling better :)